Passed on a huge ring.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Know nothing about diamonds. But got too see this one today. 3 diamonds that look to be 1 ct each. Plus smaller ones on the side set in 4.3 platinum ring. It was pretty, but she wanted $800.

image-1368047455.jpg

image-4057294290.jpg

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That' nice though. Garage sales on a Tuesday?

I pass out cards that I sell for people on eBay and I guess I'm at the point right passed out so much that people call all the time now. And if it's something I am like this I'm going to try to sell it for them but if it's moderates in between I just buy it. If I get a chance tonight I will pick sure what I did buy from her. I just got another phone call to go to somebody else's house right now so that's where I'm going.

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huge diamonds.. Not huge ring. I was thinking you found a ring like I tried to buy a few months ago.... 14.2 Dwt 14k. A ring weighing almost 3/4 of an ounce... Could not test it properly as it was at an auction. Absolutely the biggest ring I've ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would pass on that ring also at that price, did you offer her $400 cash or was she stuck on 8? Ring is too dainty for the big money in my opinion unless there's a great hallmark on it.

Sweet phone buy!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would pass on that ring also at that price, did you offer her $400 cash or was she stuck on 8? Ring is too dainty for the big money in my opinion unless there's a great hallmark on it. Sweet phone buy!

Yeah all it said was platinum on the ring and then there was a name but I didn't get anything with it. So I cannot for her cash but she was stuck on $800 and that's too rich for my blood! If it was certified and everything and appraisals or whatever maybe I would go higher but nope can't do it!

The phone sold already for $400 shipped. Those are great to sell in one hand and out the other!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lady called me back with this ring and wanted to know if I was interested in it yet. She said she would take $4500 or reasonable offer! I said like $400?

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't you say before that she wanted $800?

She did. And then I guess she found some old appraisal paperwork from 1994 and emailed me back and said that she changed her mind and wanted $4500 now or offer. So I told her no thank you and she said she has to post it on craigslist.....scary!

Here:
I had a written appraisal in 93 and a verbal amount in 04.
i got verification of the three main diamonds weights and cuts.
the center diamond is not quite a 3/4 carat european cut
the two diamonds on each side are .5 or almost .5
over all the total carat is almost 2. with the chips around the setting.
vintage platinum ring 4.3 grams

asking 4500.00 or reasonable offer!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread