Antique stickpins and a big surprise!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to today a house from a yard sale I gave my number out previously called and wanted me to come check out some stuff. Came over and they had nothing at first. After talking he remembered that he had some stuff his mother left him and he got it out and we went through together. A lot of stuff he kept but I ended up buying some things from him.

image-2823791383.jpg

image-38049520.jpg

The first were to stickpins both Mark 10k. The first one is yellow. I'm hoping it's a yellow diamond it tests really high on my cheap little tester I have. More than likely though it's just Topaz. The other one has a sapphire stone or amethyst it's pretty dark. But the crown around the top or wreath is 14 karat and the rest of it's 10k. This ring is 14 karat amethyst. Total weight is 10.7 g. He said his father warrant his whole life that he can remember.

image-2133449584.jpg

image-1681566995.jpg

There was a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff I'm still going through I just have to get some stuff listed online so I won't be able to mess with it anytime soon maybe after this weekend but it's all silver, gold and some gold filled.

image-3987855680.jpg

And now for the one that really surprised me. I just bought it because it was cold 2.2 g. Never seen one before and I already sold it probably for a lot less than what it's worth. But as long as the buyers happy with it so my because I had no idea! I actually bought it because my neighbor has a chocolate lab and I was going to give it to him for the price of gold basically. I looked up online and found a stickpin that had sold for $400!! And another one that was listed for 499! So I thought well mine smaller so I'll list it for $279 and it sold for $210! But he has Ruby eyes and it's about a half inch tall.

image-39865261.jpg

Now that right there is a good picture from an iPhone!!

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got some good stuff out of that prospect. Like the amethyst ring.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a picture of the yellow stone after I cleaned it in the light.

image-4075734451.jpg

I don't think it's a yellow topaz I sent a picture to my jeweler friend and he said maybe a yellow sapphire I'm not sure. I will know tomorrow though.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice stuff!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread