Last edited:

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To me, they look more like parade marchers for Spain's Easter Week. (Semana Santa)

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmmm….Georgia….hooded figures…Hmmm, I'm thinking of a different group of fellas with a repeated letter of the alphabet…after J. Folk Art…yeah, that's it…folk art.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmmm….Georgia….hooded figures…Hmmm, I'm thinking of a different group of fellas with a repeated letter of the alphabet…after J. Folk Art…yeah, that's it…folk art.
Yes that is what i thought to KKK

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monks or KKK why is one holding a tie rod fork?:laughing9:

A lot of people don't know this but thats the little know KKK automotive team. Thats why the tie rod is depicted. The guy on the right is the trainee. Made by the lesser known KKK arts and crafts movement as a promotional item. They traveled the highways fixing broken cars
:icon_scratch: :laughing7:

I have no insider info about the kkk but as casual observations it doesn't seem like something they would make, I think only one guy gets the red robe, they all have their arms folded in that monk like stance and overall they just don't look very intimidating.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah no, don't look like no Ga monks I ever seen. ???
You got anything on the bottom of them? A search showed me nothing similar, there were some links for "folk art" things.
Maybe a local Ga artistry thing. idk :icon_scratch:

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
All depictions of monks or druids I have ever seen showed their faces. Even if they were wearing robes or headdresses the face was never covered. I would wager they depict KKK figures. Just my .02 cents.

OP
OP
C

Cojones

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are not marked. I believe Lafitte is correct. Just google it and you'll come across all the hooded holy week costume and some with the same fork.
Here's a guy holding the fork.These costumes were probably created well before the KKK was formed. Similar to the swastika that the nazis used, which was created well before they used it.

semana-santa-guatemala-antigua-365x365.jpg img_1874.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread