My girlfriend is branching out.

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
My GF and I go to a lot of sales together and I keep her apprised of the niche items to look out for and she does the same for me in the glass ware and pyrex stuff I need to get more familiar with. Well I ran to the basement as usual at the first sale and she goes out back and scores this VW- Porche blaupunkt am/fm radio for $2. Good girl.

Attachments

• 20140928_182430_resized_1.jpg
    20140928_182430_resized_1.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 20140928_182514_resized_1.jpg
    20140928_182514_resized_1.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 125

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky man. I used to have mine go with me but she decided it's more fun to just stay in bed and sleep. I admit I do enjoy staying in bed until 630 myself but I'm a bigger fan of treasure waiting to be discovered.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! Thats thing is in good shape too!...Would make a sweet piece to a restoration project

OP
OP
NJ Marty

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Lucky man. I used to have mine go with me but she decided it's more fun to just stay in bed and sleep. I admit I do enjoy staying in bed until 630 myself but I'm a bigger fan of treasure waiting to be discovered.

Yup 630 is about right for me. But on the evenings before great estate sales I am all fidgety and awake at 5 am in bed and get a few words from her something like " are you crazy, go back to sleep or DONT move and stay STILL".

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup 630 is about right for me. But on the evenings before great estate sales I am all fidgety and awake at 5 am in bed and get a few words from her something like " are you crazy, go back to sleep or DONT move and stay STILL".

This is me!! Every time! Until I get to the first house actually. My adrenaline lasts through out the morning. And then when I come home I require a nap!!

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
used to own a whites dfx. i dont currently own a machine. cant wait to save up for a new machine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how much is a radio like that worth?

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
If it works and is pretty clean, and it obviously has the knobs, I would get no less than $75.00

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what Sunday is for (sleeping)...sans a good flea market of course.

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's me too a t. I'm lucky if I fall asleep before 3AM (if at all). Honestly I find it hard to fall asleep most nights...Friday nights are the worst!!

OP
OP
NJ Marty

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
If it works and is pretty clean, and it obviously has the knobs, I would get no less than $75.00
Yes, I agree. I peg this radio at $100 plus. It is the hard to find faux wood grain radio and its AM/FM to boot.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what Sunday is for (sleeping)...sans a good flea market of course.

She works 6 days a week, I do 4 but work more hours and lately it's been 5 days a week. She likes to sleep in and I like to keep my sleep schedule so It doesn't work.

Someday I'll get her back in the saddle but for now I don't mind going alone. Another reason she stays behind is the rude, pushy people that are at every sale. It ruins her day

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread