Thrift store shopping today.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not feel like listing anything online today so I decided to go hit some stores, get some packages in the mail and go visit a guy used to work with who is retired. so I hit a couple places today just to see if there was anything decent I think I did pretty well.

I spent $22 total the belts not Sterling but it's made in Mexico with turquoise I'm not sure what it's worth

image-3649391305.jpg

I don't think anybody checks sunglasses. These ones I have to try to find a similar one like him but they're made in France they were $.50 so I bought them.

image-2772551030.jpg

Another pair of sunglasses Serengeti brand these ones look like they can go pretty high. Some as high as $150 or more. This is the fourth pair of sunglasses I bought in the last couple weeks the other two pairs so for total of $240!!

image-1368053007.jpg

And then I bought a hat there as well I probably should've passed that but I saw the name Ritz and thought it would be good... Wrong!!!

Next store I think they were selling all of their sterling silver jewelry for like $15 a gram in their gold was like 65 or $70 a gram is ridiculous so I started looking in their costume jewelry. Lucky for me the people that run the store.

The set of earrings there's three on one or two dollars the last pair is 14 karat gold.

image-2155559369.jpg

This one is marked milor sterling Italy. It was $6. Before I went to pay for it the lady said if you want to set that stuff up here you can I'm going to lunch and the manager will sit up here with it if you want!! I said no ma'am I'll just pay right now! So I picked out the rest of the stuff I wanted and paid and left no point in getting the manager to second-guess what I'm buying. So here is the rest of it.

image-3904816501.jpg

A small sterling silver pocket knife was three dollars a designer signed belt buckle and a pair of silver Onyx earrings.

image-2827439786.jpg

Then the last store I went to the girl put these out and said look if you take all of them you can have them for five dollars I said okay I'll take them all for five dollars because I think there's about 200 or more. But they're all keychains from the soccer tournament they just had their from Brazil Mexico. Honduras there's probably 8-10 pounds of keychains.

I'll probably do buy it now $5.99 with free shipping or $4.99 I will not make a ton right away but nice little filler for on the site. Seeing I should get my money back off of two of them.
Maybe there's more than 200 of them there's a lot!! But do they sell??? we will find out thank goodness not all of them have stickers on them either there's only like 10 the do...

image-474919544.jpg

image-1608464975.jpg

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright the keychains are sorted out so now I just have to list one of each and a quantity but here's a picture of everything sorted I still have no idea how many are here but there's a lot. Some of the round ones that are in the first picture there's nothing like it online so that's either good or bad because are knockoffs and they're not allowed to be.

image-1142013419.jpg

image-3948249282.jpg

image-1910980670.jpg

image-4243678791.jpg

Sorry I had no choice in picking out the tablecloth either!!

Attachments

• image-491002721.jpg
    image-491002721.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 98

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a bunch of collectible pins for $35. I have sold 20 of them at 5 apiece and I still have about 50 left. Was it worth it? On paper I guess it is, but it is no fun at all. Mine was different though, since I didn't have quantity - every one of my pins is unique.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a bunch of collectible pins for $35. I have sold 20 of them at 5 apiece and I still have about 50 left. Was it worth it? On paper I guess it is, but it is no fun at all. Mine was different though, since I didn't have quantity - every one of my pins is unique.

Yeah sometimes It can be a score, if Christmas wasn't coming up I probably wouldn't have bought these. If the World Cup was coming up I definitely would've bought them I probably would've sold them all by now too. A couple years ago though I bought a box of wrist braces from a medical store that went out of business for $15. I took the box home it was huge and it was superheavy. started taking them out and counting them. there was 360 wrist braces I sold them all, two for $10 with three dollar shipping and they flew out I had people emailing me saying I want 10 of them I want 12 them I just couldn't keep them!!! I mean I sold them all in probably three months.

Well underneath the wrist braces were 45 boxes of knee braces. They sold for $55 a piece with free shipping and they sold within three weeks. I just undercut everybody on eBay by like 10 or $15 per item and let them go. it was really what got me started on even selling on eBay. I was just blown away by how much I made off of $15 in a matter of four months.

(of course I put it in the stock market and then 2008 came along so I really turned $15 into about $-400) but the thrill of selling that stuff initially was great!

There's been two other times I've gotten a large quantity and just made a killing off of it. One of them were namebrand GFI receptacles. I worked for an electrical contractor and they threw them in the dumpster and I went and got them and sold them all for like $10 apiece I bet there was 300 of them.

The other one was a lady who was a vendor for Petco and they had a case of about 700 boxes of flea and tick repellent for dogs. I talked her into selling them all for 50 bucks. Sold them online two for $45 free shipping there was large dogs, small dogs, medium dogs and cats!!! oh my gosh I was selling them on my Facebook, on craigslist, eBay.... I was sad to see those go!! They retail for $45 a box! I think I even had other vendors buying them from me at one point! Since then I have look for deals like this before and this is the closest I have found!

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other

Let's see those pins!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread