diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No they are similar to the Arco "dolls of the world" and aren't worth much. Probably date to the 1970's. Condition is crap too, missing clothes, shoes, etc.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Dolls are something I don't want to learn about. However, if there's one in a very old box without missing anything, I'd take a risk on a few bucks.

I swear, I think we can only learn so much in life. I don't know how diggumup does it.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dolls are something I don't want to learn about. However, if there's one in a very old box without missing anything, I'd take a risk on a few bucks.

I swear, I think we can only learn so much in life. I don't know how diggumup does it.
I've already 'went a round' with these type of dolls, live and learn. :thumbsup:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I bought an estate a few years back that had a ton of dolls. I mean dozens of the darn things with several boxes of clothing & accessories. There were probably 30 of those extremely creepy lifelike baby dolls. After doing a ton of research I found that most of the dolls had little to no value. On the other hand, there were 3 boxes of vintage/antique clothing & linens for the baby size dolls. I cut a deal with a couple ladies in the biz to sell all that on consignment for me. Within a few months I got all my money back for the entire estate.....& am still getting a check every month or two for $20-50. Pretty sure there is still a half box or so left. I made a good profit on the rest of the estate so the doll stuff was like icing on the cake.

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Good rule of thumb on items like these. If you don't know, then you shouldn't bid. There are way too many types, and variables in dolls. Either learn them or leave them alone. I tried them a couple times and didn't do well. There are things I would like to know about without all the hassle of really learning them, mostly because they are everywhere. These include dolls, glass insulators, golf clubs, other sporting goods, China and other dishes and plates, and stainless table wear. All great categories, but lots of learning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions