My mystery find of the week.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it's a spoon and fork but I can't seem to find anything else like it other than a similar one on eBay with the person listed it as long spoon and fork somewhere along that line. So this is a matching serving set, I believe probably for salad. I'm not sure if it's bone and bakelite and the centers are Sterling. The fork I think it was 12 inches and the spoon was 11 1/2. No marks on them but they test for silver. I bought them at the flea market it was three pieces for a dollar so I got these two and another Sterling spoon it's put away.. Thanks for looking! image-244154034.jpg image-2150775037.jpg image-3427908221.jpg image-1162726280.jpg image-3402213889.jpg

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting ! Nice score !

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say Lucite with bone handles versus Bakelite and bone based on the photos. You don't have a tube of simichrome with all that jewelry you buy and sell? Simichrome Polish 1 76 Oz | eBay edit- And yes it is what I would call a salad serving set. Here is a "similar" one I just found - Pin by Rebecca Brown on Collectible spoons and forks | Pinterest

Did anybody ever tell you that you are the Guru of finding stuff!??! Thank you very much for your help! However that cream you mentioned up there I've never even heard of it. What is it for? lol

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did anybody ever tell you that you are the Guru of finding stuff!??! Thank you very much for your help! However that cream you mentioned up there I've never even heard of it. What is it for? lol

Happich semi chrome is the polish of the gods. That stuff will make anything shine as bright as the day it was made! I keep a few tubes around my house, work, vehicle and shop in case the need for it arises. Buy some now and make life easier

You will not be let down and if you don't like it, I'll but the tube from you personally

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
if you take a very little dab on a q-tip and polish baklite it will turn a yellow color on the q-tip its how you tell if some thing is bakelite.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. Also - compare to horn sets. Not the handles but the "business ends". These are often cut from thin horn.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread