Another Great Free Box Find. Need some Advice

AwakenYouthful

Aug 31, 2014
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Emailed a guy on craigslist giving all this away. He moved into a new house and they left all these tracks and he didn't want anything to do with them. So I stopped over and picked them up. This was actually a few weeks ago, but I just got to sorting through them all today.

My dad and I actually had these tracks when I was a kid, but I don't know anything about them really.

Aurora AFX tracks (TOMY)...anyone here educated with these tracks? There weren't any cars with it so I'm not able to race around on them. Is this something I should test before selling? I don't think there is anything electrical with the tracks so they should be fine, except for the one or two where the controllers plug into.

The prices for sold track listings on ebay are kind of vague. I'm not sure how much all this is worth as a fair price overall. Do you think I should sort these out and sell them in individual lots, based on the kind of track (similar track) in each lot? I sort of want to just list them all together, but I know I won't get as much.

They were fun to sort through, and being free just makes it soo much better. :tongue3:

All the tracks seem to be the same "generation" make. 1980s, all Aurora AFX

I emailed myself a list of the track pieces when I was sorting them for inventory and future ebay listing.

23 - 15" straight tracks
12 - 9" straight tracks
10 - 6" straight tracks
2 - 9" squeese tracks
4 - 9" crossover tracks
2 - 15" automatic lap counter track
4 - 15" terminal track
4 - 12" right banked track 1/8 circle
4 - 9" right banked track 1/8 circle
8 - 3" straight track
28 - 6" right curve 1/8 circle
11 - 9" right curve 1/8 curcle
24 - 12" right curve 1/8 circle
5 - 15" right curve 1/8 circle
20 - 9" right curve 1/4 circle
4 - controllers
1 - high performance power pack (power adaptor)
1 - 3" right curve
1 - 9" chicane track right
1 - 9" chicane track left
4 - bridge supports
19 - fences
5 - 3" beams
8 - 5" beams
47 - beam support blocks

photo (8).JPG

photo (7).JPG

photo (4).JPG

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and my brother had the pre 70's AFX HO model cars. There was a big track to take them to at a local hobby shop and race with all the other kids. We'd modify them with silicone slicks and silver motor contacts. I'd sell all what you have, as it looks like enough to get in to the hobby. If you pieced it out it could take for ever to get rid of it all imo.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice freebie. I'd sell it as a lot myself. Of course, I do have a couple race tracks sitting in the closet that I have yet to list myself so...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread