diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For you guys buying hats, I thought this might be of interest to you if there are hats that need a cleaning. My wife bought one years ago and she uses it and my bb caps come out clean every time.

Ballcap Buddy | Patent # 5,172,837

Hope it helps.

T.
I've used those before. A word of advice... never put a ball cap in the dryer, they shrink ever so slightly and certain ones have these little hard plastic spikey things that come through the seams in the front where the logo or what have you usually is, and they will stick you in your head. Personal experience from me, a hat wearer. I have a bag full of hats in the closet that I've purchased over time. I'm going to go through them tonight and see what I find. I'll update tomorrow if I find anything worth posting.

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
Hand wash them with a sponge in the sink is the best way I've found. Done many. I'm not one to give up on a garment just because of a little age or dirt.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hand wash them with a sponge in the sink is the best way I've found. Done many. I'm not one to give up on a garment just because of a little age or dirt.

I have some that need this. I went to a house today to look at some football jerseys and the guy had probably 200 hats. After all these recent threads on hats really excited looked through every single one of them. And I bought 1!
But I gave him five dollars for it and I think if I can get it cleaned up it should go for like 50 or $60. So not huge but there was some other hats that were very good potential to make some money on however I wanted to see if I can clean this one before I mess with any of his other ones. There was three of them that were the split our of the game at's and one had glued sticker but it was pretty rough. So we will take a sample on this Giants hat and if it goes good I'll go back and buy the other ones.

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
Just remembered this one I picked about 3 or 4 months ago. 94 Easyriders...

Attachments

• 100_7780.JPG
    100_7780.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 89
  • 100_7782.JPG
    100_7782.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remembered this one I picked about 3 or 4 months ago. 94 Easyriders...

I did well my last one that was the same brand as that. I don't remember the team but I think it sold for about $35 on auction. I have three more sitting here but I need to clean them too.

My daughters nine always asking for extra money. I think I need to teach her how to clean hats and then I'll give her 25% of whatever they sell for. They have gotten smart they asked me to take two dollars out for them to buy something to resell when I go to yard sales. Which I don't mind doing but half of whatever goes into their savings account.

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
Warm water and a little Dawn dishwashing soap and a sponge. Soak for a few minutes, scrub with sponge, rinse and air-dry. They look much better. Good job for young-uns.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I went through that bag and picked out my favorites. I think the Marlboro hats will do okay. I will list them as a lot. The Breitling is a good one. The Dolphins will probably get sold as a lot also. I may keep the black one, I'm a fair weather fan, lol. The Tyson Holyfield, I haven't checked out yet. And the Yankee hat I need to research because there are so may types.

DSC09159.jpg DSC09157.jpg DSC09160.jpg DSC09154.jpg DSC09155.jpg DSC09156.jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the Tyson Holyfield is a bust. That fight never happened. Fight was postponed, then Tyson went to prison.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marlboro hats are great, whenever I get them I put them on etsy for $25 and they always sell fast. I don't know about the ebay market for them.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marlboro hats are great, whenever I get them I put them on etsy for $25 and they always sell fast. I don't know about the ebay market for them.

Really? I can't seem to sell anything on etsy... Ever! I see the Marlboro hats weekly here... May have to pick some up!

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? I can't seem to sell anything on etsy... Ever! I see the Marlboro hats weekly here... May have to pick some up!

Hmm, well I don't know what your etsy situation is, but I have a store with about 570 items, 490 of which are hats. I'm trying to become the biggest hat source on etsy, and I think I have a lot of people who check my store specifically. I also sell a lot of them overseas, europe and australia really like hats with classic american brands.

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up his hat from the Goodwill the other day can't find one exactly like it so I figured I'd put it up here to see what would be a good starting Price it's brand-new never worn ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417791291.332301.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417791303.394903.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417791316.911665.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417791325.197256.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417791336.502371.jpg

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Looks like the Tyson Holyfield is a bust. That fight never happened. Fight was postponed, then Tyson went to prison.

Seems like that would make it more valuable. Kinda like that Elvis poster for the concert that didn't happen due to his untimely death.

But Tyson and Holyfield did fight, right- but I think that was at MGM? The ear biting incident.

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm, well I don't know what your etsy situation is, but I have a store with about 570 items, 490 of which are hats. I'm trying to become the biggest hat source on etsy, and I think I have a lot of people who check my store specifically. I also sell a lot of them overseas, europe and australia really like hats with classic american brands.

Any etsy tips. And let me just say I'm not going to move in on your hat empire.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any etsy tips. And let me just say I'm not going to move in on your hat empire.

I would say treat your etsy store like you're running a busniess. On ebay I'm really just a guy selling stuff he finds. I have great customer service and quality items, but at the end of the day the buyer knows they're just buying from another person. On etsy, the more you look like a business the better. I want to make the buyer feel like they are buying from a store. I have branded packaging, professional photos, no questions asked returns, and a large inventory to name a few.

If you're looking to start an etsy store, I would recommend finding something you can find fairly regularly and that will sell well, and build your inventory. Do some research on other stores that sell similar items and check back frequently. See how fast things move and what the prices are like to get a sense of how the market is. I sell hats because I like them, I wear a hat almost every day so I look for hats I would wear or hats that I see other people wearing. They're easy to find, easy to ship, and I can buy low and sell high all day. However, I would honestly recommend buying things that you don't personally collect, I know I have a bad habit of keeping some of the highest dollar hats for myself.

let me know if thats helpful, if you ever have any specific questions feel fee to pm me anytime.

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say treat your etsy store like you're running a busniess. On ebay I'm really just a guy selling stuff he finds. I have great customer service and quality items, but at the end of the day the buyer knows they're just buying from another person. On etsy, the more you look like a business the better. I want to make the buyer feel like they are buying from a store. I have branded packaging, professional photos, no questions asked returns, and a large inventory to name a few.

If you're looking to start an etsy store, I would recommend finding something you can find fairly regularly and that will sell well, and build your inventory. Do some research on other stores that sell similar items and check back frequently. See how fast things move and what the prices are like to get a sense of how the market is. I sell hats because I like them, I wear a hat almost every day so I look for hats I would wear or hats that I see other people wearing. They're easy to find, easy to ship, and I can buy low and sell high all day. However, I would honestly recommend buying things that you don't personally collect, I know I have a bad habit of keeping some of the highest dollar hats for myself.

let me know if thats helpful, if you ever have any specific questions feel fee to pm me anytime.

Yes that helps. I like collecting glass. I will pm you so I don't derail the hat action here. I'm torn between adding more items or lowering my prices to get going.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread