tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this necklace last night at one of the thrift's for for less then 4 bucks. It was tagged 7.95 but it was 1/2 off on that tag "sweet". Looking it up on the bay I find a few types of this technique in jewelry under the search chinese>enamel>filigree. So I guess I can go with that. The listings are saying the pieces are silver and the construction of it does look like hand silver smith work with a lite gold wash? I found this little ball pendant on ebay that looks like it came maybe from the same jeweler? To me this looks more like Tibetan stuff.(But,No Marks)??? Vtg Deco Chinese Export Champleve Enamel Silver Filigree Ball Pendant w Tassels | eBay

Attachments

• enamel necklace 1l.jpg
    enamel necklace 1l.jpg
    570.3 KB · Views: 105
  • enamel necklace 2.jpg
    enamel necklace 2.jpg
    847.9 KB · Views: 106

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an especially nice one! Your research is completely correct. These are hard to date but I usually call them export pieces even if they aren't from the export heyday.

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
You always have nice pictures Tamrock! I don't know if you're using a gray card or something, but the colors look accurate to me. This looks more like solid gold, or at least I can't see any spots where the gold rubbed off. Yea, there is the bit of green on the clasp but that might rub right off.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You always have nice pictures Tamrock! I don't know if you're using a gray card or something, but the colors look accurate to me. This looks more like solid gold, or at least I can't see any spots where the gold rubbed off. Yea, there is the bit of green on the clasp but that might rub right off.
The thing looks like silver and the green is due to a pre plate of copper before the gold wash was applied I think? The green oxy is on the surface plate and not a result of an underlying base metal. The gold wash is very light. It could be plated and I'll verify that before I sell it. The back drop is a tight weave gray fabric that came with a little fold up photo light studio I have.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread