Something to watch for at estate sales

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to an estate sale of an International Harvester collector. Turns out he was an employee in the 70s and 80s. I did OK with the "collectible" stuff I bought, model tractors and so forth. But the real winners were a couple of old IH promotional employee items I turned up out in the garage. Paid $1 for an old vinyl first aid kit that sold for $70 and $1 for an small digital desk clock that sold for $35. And I didn't have to race the other dealers and pickers to them.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice scores. Usually any employee type stuff promotional or otherwise from large or famous businesses or what have you will sell for a decent premium. I found a promotional pinback over the weekend. It says "I had sex with E.T.". Turns out it was the name of a record released in 1982 from some largely unknown band . It was quickly pulled from the shelves after Universal threatened the band with lawsuits. Only about 200 records were sold before it was pulled. I'm hoping it's obscure enough to sell for $20 or so. We'll see. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Had_Sex_with_E.T.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread