Magic Moment For Someone...

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you guys post the stuff all the time. I have a whole bag full of them upstairs in my room and I don't know nothing about them!

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you guys post the stuff all the time. I have a whole bag full of them upstairs in my room and I don't know nothing about them!

Most cards are worth much. Some are worth alot in mint condition. Do you have sealed packs?

AwakenYouthful

Aug 31, 2014
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend and I collected these in elementary school and pretended we knew how to play. That was in 1993-94. Still have all those cards upstairs. I remember trading him some lunch tokens and a $5 bill for the "forces of nature" card because I really liked the big muscle swamp guy character on the card. Haha you guys remember pogs? Played those around the same time as magic. Didnt understand the right way to play those either. Haha. And then they started banning pogs in elem school cause kids were slamming the big radial saw looking metal slammers on the ground and having it riqouchet back up into their forhead. :P. pretty sure they started banning magic also because they thought it was satanic.

AwakenYouthful

Aug 31, 2014
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My heart starting racing with anticipation when i watched that video. Okay now i need to go and dig out my magic cards. I had 90% of the cards he opened in that deck.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
FYI, MTG is in a bubble right now.

The price of cards has been steadily rising over the last 4 years or so. In the last year, the price has been skyrocketing. It reminds me of the housing bubble of 2007/2008.

IMO, now is the time to sell. Not saying I can predict the future but I wouldnt want to be stuck holding the bag when the bubble bursts.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha you guys remember pogs? Played those around the same time as magic. Didnt understand the right way to play those either. Haha.
boy do I remember POGS. I made millions and millions of them. On the weekend I am dollardan but during the week I work for a printing company. Back then I worked for a diecutting company. We would get a thin press sheet and glue it to a heavy cardboard and then run it through a big machine that cut the out by the thousands.

I can still remember I started getting phone calls from printers in Hawaii (where POGs got started) wanting to buy all the heavy cardboard I had. After a couple of calls like this I started asking questions. They said it was a bottle cap for a Hawaiian fruit juice company and kids had started collecting them . POG stands for Pineapple Orange Guava drink. Then designers started doing them out here. At least every two months I see boxes of them at a yard sale.

I see those gathering cards too but completly ignore them.

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
W.O.W. What a find ... was a player myself back in my college days. I remember playing with most of those cards that he showed (no, I did not have a black lotus). Gave them to my little brother several years ago as he was an avid player. I've bought and sold some from time to time, but it can be VERY time consuming if you don't know what to look for (looking up hundreds of cards to find out which ones are valuable is NO fun).

Eagle101

Jul 22, 2012
New England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Gold,
Garrett AT Pro. Makro racer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The first auction I ever went to was 3 years ago at a Monday morning auction. I was 36 I think the next youngest person was 75. So I imagine they had no clue what Magic cards are.

They had a bunch of shelf lots. 2 of them were completely packed with Magic cards. I can't remember the total # but there were well over 50,000 cards. I won both shelves for $30 each. I knew nothing about them so on the way home i took them to a card shop near me and the guy offered me $1,000 for the lot. I declined and over the next month I took the good cards out and Sold them individually on Ebay. What was left I sold in groups. I made around $4,000 on that lot. All at my first auction! I thought wow this is easy....boy was I wrong. 100 auctions later and I never came close to scoring like that again.

AwakenYouthful

Aug 31, 2014
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first auction I ever went to was 3 years ago at a Monday morning auction. I was 36 I think the next youngest person was 75. So I imagine they had no clue what Magic cards are.

They had a bunch of shelf lots. 2 of them were completely packed with Magic cards. I can't remember the total # but there were well over 50,000 cards. I won both shelves for $30 each. I knew nothing about them so on the way home i took them to a card shop near me and the guy offered me $1,000 for the lot. I declined and over the next month I took the good cards out and Sold them individually on Ebay. What was left I sold in groups. I made around $4,000 on that lot. All at my first auction! I thought wow this is easy....boy was I wrong. 100 auctions later and I never came close to scoring like that again.

haha that's awesome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread