Any thoughts on this Buddha carving?

Dapman

Sep 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all....picked up this old Buddha wood carving at an estate sale this weekend and was hoping someone might be able to give me some more info on it. It's hand carved out of a single piece of wood. I know some of this stuff can go for crazy prices so I want to make sure I don't make a mistake. I'd appreciate any help with this!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    691.9 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    755.5 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    671.1 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    721.8 KB · Views: 80

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's a "laughing Buddha". The laughing buddha with children is good if you are planning to conceive a child and raise a family. As a Feng Shui enhancer you can place him on the west side of your home or living room or the bedroom (or put that in your seller description). It may be Agarwood or Rosewood depending on how close the actual color is to the photos. If it's as dark as it appears, maybe Agarwood, if it has a dark reddish tint, then maybe Rosewood. The cracks in it shouldn't hurt the sale. They sometimes form on pieces that were made with green wood or wood that was not fully cured before carved. Climate/humidity could be a factor also. Your piece appears to have a little age to it. Maybe not antique but vintage at least.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to tnet Dapman.rub his belly for good luck;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread