757.9 KB · Views: 3,034
  • IMG_1589.JPG
    IMG_1589.JPG
    649.3 KB · Views: 621

nomansland

Oct 21, 2014
Adrian, MI
Detector(s) used
New to the hobby and expect to use Garrett equipment.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Having owned a vintage Breitling and having it repaired once, I learned that Breitling does not sell or release individual watch parts. This supposedly makes them harder to fake but I am not sure how. Rolexes get faked a lot. I'm gonna guess it's real but a watchmaker should be able to tell in an instant.

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good fake always has value…but hard to near impossible to sell on eBay.

Yep, sell it on a local Facebook buy/sell group. "Watch inspired by..." if it's fake.

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do the 3 sub-dials work smoothly? Big plus if so. Might be your pics, but the sub-dials and diamond bezel look cheap, but band looks better than most fakes...

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all of you for verifying what I thought. Wish it was real, but at least it was only $20. steve

blindbug

Oct 16, 2012
Louisville, KY
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely fake.

This is the watch that your watch is trying to be a replica of: http://blog.breitlingsource.com/2007/10/08/breitling-for-bentley-motors-mini-review-photos/

The subdial hands are not correct, the bezel is not correct (it shouldn't be diamonds, and they shouldn't be falling out on a real one if it did have them), the back is totally wrong (the '1/50' Breitling back is a very common back for faked Breitlings), the dials are in the wrong location (dials on this watch are a little more spaced out to cover certain numbers on the inner dial), logo appears to be printed (it should be a seperate attachment), looks like the date in the date window is not centered.

It's not real, but that doesn't mean it can't be worn and can't tell time. Don't try to sell it on eBay, you will get flagged as fake, 100%. Local Craigslist might be a good option, just make sure you are forward with it not being a real copy.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering when you would chime in. You know your stuff when it comes to high end watches.

More along the lines of knowing where to go... however in this case, I do actually own a Breitling Bentley. And for the record Breitling is far from being high end, but probably as high as i will ever go.

Koffee

Dec 9, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2 x2 , Garrett 250, GTX 3030, CZ20, Excal, Minelab 2200, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My experience with high end watches is take a very hard look at the watch band. This seems to be a big area that counterfeiters neglect constantly. If a high end watch is for sale w/o the band this is a huge red flag and you should really take a more conservative approach.

Cheers - Koffee

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread