Super Duper cool thing I found!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped at a local thrift store and she was pulling out inventory to put on the shelves in this things in the box. I look at it has no price tag on it and she's like well I don't know what are. What do they sell for... I said I'd even know what the thing is I look them up on my phone auction price $700!!! Buy it now $1500!! We open the box brand-new never been opened never touched she said I can have it for $200! Sold!!!

Anybody need their fingerprints scanned?

image-15139339.jpg

http://ebay.to/1t6IVEl

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score. But doesn't scan finger prints. It scans old school slides into a digital format.

Good luck on the sell

Bob

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score. But doesn't scan finger prints. It scans old school slides into a digital format. Good luck on the sell Bob

Well okay I guess I didn't read up too much on what it actually was I just looked up the sale price of it! Thank you for the clarification. It's missing the power cords though so that's a bummer! I'm going to have to get on Nikon website and try to order some new ones.

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. Well okay I guess I didn't read up too much on what it actually was I just looked up the sale price of it! Thank you for the clarification. It's missing the power cords though so that's a bummer! I'm going to have to get on Nikon website and try to order some new ones.

Is it a standard computer cord? Or one that has a seperate power supply like. A laptop?

Whatever it does. Crazy good score!!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it a standard computer cord? Or one that has a seperate power supply like. A laptop? Whatever it does. Crazy good score!!

I will have to doublecheck it but I think it's just the standard power cord but then there's another one that would go with that as well I'm not sure exactly what that is but I will have to get on there and take a look on the website.

Which may not happen for a week because we are Foster care parents and I just got a one-year-old baby girl. So all my free time will be out the window until Tuesday when she starts daycare.

So next week I will take a look at what I actually need to do for this thing I'll probably test it with my other laptop power cord though as long as it powers on I'm okay with saying it works fine.
I would like to sell it this weekend.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
If the power cord is missing it must have been opened before you got it. Hope you can find a power cord for it. It would suck to pay $200 for something you can't sell because you can't get a power cord. Nikon stuff usually does really well so if you can get that cord you should make a tidy profit. Best of luck!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I would say it's probably used after looking at it but the attachment that goes with it is still in the original package so I'm assuming it's probably still pretty good and worst-case scenario will all go to Nikon or call them and order the cord probably not any more than 20 or $30.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which may not happen for a week because we are Foster care parents and I just got a one-year-old baby girl. So all my free time will be out the window until Tuesday when she starts daycare.

God bless you!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tested it and it powers on fine the lights inside of it work looks good to me! Just have to get the cords and it will be listed for $1500 OBO

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other

Well okay I guess I didn't read up too much on what it actually was I just looked up the sale price of it! Thank you for the clarification. It's missing the power cords though so that's a bummer! I'm going to have to get on Nikon website and try to order some new ones.

Creat buy at that price. You can turn a quick profit or go into business. Lots of schools at every level with hundreds or thousands of slides that need scanning. Every school( and college) I ever worked at would have killed for that scanner. You did great ...

tomsright

Jul 2, 2013
NatureCoast Florida
Detector(s) used
A/T PRO, 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at one listed on eBay . The main tower looks like it uses a standard power cord and a USB cord . A couple had an additional tan unit that had what looked like a 32 pin data cord (Parallel) . Good luck nice find

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe it's that valuable. I. Really thought it was for fingerprinting. I had no idea it was for slides. I told my wife about it who told her mom and she asked if she could give me $200 I paid for it so she can give it to her husband. We would love a machine like that!! She said! Well.... I really need the xtra money too... I told her we could split the difference at like maybe $700 and she got mad. Lol.

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe it's that valuable. I. Really thought it was for fingerprinting. I had no idea it was for slides. I told my wife about it who told her mom and she asked if she could give me $200 I paid for it so she can give it to her husband. We would love a machine like that!! She said! Well.... I really need the xtra money too... I told her we could split the difference at like maybe $700 and she got mad. Lol.

Take it to them and scan all their slides for them Can't have more than a couple hundred right?

Then you can sell it. You are the hero for doing the work for them and you still get the cash

Because in reality. How many times will they use it before it ends up in a closet?

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other

One of the bad things about finding cool stuff is what to do when you have something cool that a family member or friend can use. My policy is to tell them what I paid, tell them what I can get for it, and ask them to pay me what they think is fair... Generally, they go half way between the value and what I paid (in this case, if you paid $200 and it was worth $700, they would probably offer to pay $400 or $450). That way, they get a good deal, I get rid of it quick, everyone is happy.

I do have one cousin who is quite hard up for money. She is unable to work and has been unable to work for years. She generally pays me what I paid. Shes family, that's what she can do. That's fine...

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the bad things about finding cool stuff is what to do when you have something cool that a family member or friend can use. My policy is to tell them what I paid, tell them what I can get for it, and ask them to pay me what they think is fair... Generally, they go half way between the value and what I paid (in this case, if you paid $200 and it was worth $700, they would probably offer to pay $400 or $450). That way, they get a good deal, I get rid of it quick, everyone is happy. I do have one cousin who is quite hard up for money. She is unable to work and has been unable to work for years. She generally pays me what I paid. Shes family, that's what she can do. That's fine...

Yeah I would probably normally sell it to him but she called me last night and asked if I would give it to them as a present for Christmas instead. I'm taking my kids to Disney World for Christmas and we don't have a lot of extra money as it is but now that I have this I would rather sell it and get the money towards our vacation. I suggested letting them use it and she said they want to keep it and not just borrow it. So I told her she can use it this week and copy everything over and then I'm selling it. And she said that's not acceptable she wants to keep it. So as soon as I pick up the cords I'm going to put it online. She's worked for a company your home tire life has a big pension and big retirement. He hasn't worked in 15 years refuses to get a job so I guess in this scenario next time I won't say anything to them about what I bought. I love them and I'm sure they will get over it but I am young and have a young family and $1000 is a lot more helpful to us than anything. Now if he wanted to trade me for two tubes of Morgan silver dollars he has in his closet safe I would be game for that!

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah I would probably normally sell it to him but she called me last night and asked if I would give it to them as a present for Christmas instead. I'm taking my kids to Disney World for Christmas and we don't have a lot of extra money as it is but now that I have this I would rather sell it and get the money towards our vacation. I suggested letting them use it and she said they want to keep it and not just borrow it. So I told her she can use it this week and copy everything over and then I'm selling it. And she said that's not acceptable she wants to keep it. So as soon as I pick up the cords I'm going to put it online. She's worked for a company your home tire life has a big pension and big retirement. He hasn't worked in 15 years refuses to get a job so I guess in this scenario next time I won't say anything to them about what I bought. I love them and I'm sure they will get over it but I am young and have a young family and $1000 is a lot more helpful to us than anything. Now if he wanted to trade me for two tubes of Morgan silver dollars he has in his closet safe I would be game for that!

Is this your mother or hers? If it were my family, I would sell it on my mother, and loan/give it to my wife's mother. Rather pushy, to demand it as a gift.

Also, yes silence is probably the best policy.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Family…gotta love 'em. But that would be on eBay as soon as possible. And who has the gall to say a "favor" done for them is not acceptable?! Wow. God Bless you and do what you need to do…and enjoy Disney World!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no more battle over it. Emergency last minute funeral in Pennsylvania. Spent $350 on a plane ticket. I listed this right before I left and sold it on Saturday for $1270! With free shipping. But I needed something quick to make up for the plane ticket and not being home to let stuff all weekend. Maybe could've got more but definitely was a huge help at this time!!

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mom loves Hillary Clinton and I found a book autographed by her and bought it. I sent a picture to my mom and she asked if I were putting it on ebay because she wanted to bid on it. I told her no, I was keeping it for my own personal collection. She was really disappointed but then really happy when it came in the mail to her two days later, lol. I don't know why I was so mean to tease her, she would cut off her right arm and send it to me if I asked for it.

But that is a $30 book vs. a $2000 item. My fiance stopped going to sales with me because I got irritated if anything got bought that wasn't for resale. They all know it is a business with me.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread