Jarts.

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
apparently the craigslist guy was right from Annual Jarts Tournament Home Page

WARNING: Lawn Jarts have been banned for manufacturing and resale in the United States. The government of the United States has asked that all Jarts be destroyed. In no way do we encourage or condone children using Jarts. Injuries from Lawn Jarts can result in serious injury or possibly even death. Those who play in this tournament are aware of the dangers of using Lawn Jarts and choose to take on the responsibilities associated with this sport.

and from Wikipedia:

on December 19, 1988, the CPSC reinstated the outright ban on lawn darts.

fully assembled individual darts, sets, and kits are banned from entry by US and Canada customs.

from CPSC:

After a recent serious injury caused by a lawn dart, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reissued its warning that lawn darts are banned and should be destroyed. Effective on December 19, 1988, CPSC banned the sale of all lawn darts in the United States.

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surprisingly yes... I traded these for 90 worth of video games I have listed on eBay at the moment. I'm sure the jarts will be well cared for and are wall hangers now.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I am always amazed at how the government insists on "protecting" the public. Haven't they ever heard of NATURAL SELECTION?

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha...I found a cool in the box set of these the other day and have no idea what to do with them. Is there any liability involved with selling on CL? Any other avenues to unload these?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread