Jarts.

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe they were "recalled" by the manufacturer. I searched "garage sale finds" on here and came up with a post about using a buy it now and hoping they sold fast before eBay flagged the listing.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe they were "recalled" by the manufacturer. I searched "garage sale finds" on here and came up with a post about using a buy it now and hoping they sold fast before eBay flagged the listing.

I found some a while ago. But I ended up giving them to my father-in-law. He told me he throws them at the stray cats that come in his yard.

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't pass these up at 2 bucks in the box. I recalled seeing something on here about them but not what and it was almost a fisticuff to get anything at this sale, so I didn't put them down once they were in my hand.

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did find a box with spare parts on eBay sold for $50 plus shipping.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would do that...Post them as something different than in the obvious sections

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
These were so popular when mom and dad gave them to us in the 50's, either to trim down the herd or develop our quickness. Maybe both. I still have nightmares...

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I've resolved myself not to try any listings on ebay. I've sold three sets at an antique mall, and got top money for each set.

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clovis97, do you have a space at the antique mall?

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Yes, we are in two different antique malls, and have 5 spots at an indoor flea market, which is run like an antique mall.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold mine on Yakaz. Listing on ebay can be a waste of time, their searches are generally quicker than customer's searches.

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sooooo, I put these up on Craigslist. Within minutes I had a guy tell me they are illegal to sell?? Really.... Mind your own business dude. They are listed on Craigslist and yakaz as of right now.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Jarts can be fairly hard to find around here, but to my surprise, I found a set today. These are an earlier set, with the heavy points.

It will be going to the antique mall soon.

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll grab pics of mine but the box screams 60's to me.

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I'm going to trade these for $70.00 worth of video games to one of my friends. She's freakish into anything from her childhood. I'm happy with the flip. No work involved in hunting down a buyer.

Buckeyedon

Jul 19, 2014
S.W. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000 DI, Bounty Hunter Big Bud, Garrett GMH CX111
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drinking beer and playing Jarts barefoot. The good old days.

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was too young for the beer when I played them... More like tried to stick my sister with them.... Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread