How much did you spend this weekend?

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the topic of inventory, I bought $300 worth of it his weekend and I have practically all of it scheduled to list tonight. That is more than I usually spend but you've got to buy it when it's there. I will probably triple my money. The most I spent was $40 for a WW2 patch that was originally $80 and has an ebay of maybe $120. The best buy I got was a bunch of vintage 1970s Old Space aftershave still in the box for $1 a bottle and a Black Belt cologne gift set from 1969 still in the shrink wrap that ought to bring $100+.
I am the only one in town who knows about vintage shaving and I have to credit this forum:headbang:

Ending tonight I have a bunch of auctions where I am basically going to get my money back out of old inventory, selling stuff below the $25 threshold I normally don't go below. It is a lot of work but I'm glad to have the space back in my closet and the cash back in my paypal.

Jayers

Jun 28, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Just starting out with a BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10 for Pyrex and 60s teal foot stool
25 for a Morgan, two silver halves, 5 40% halves, a quarter and two dimes
32 for thee boxes of Christmas blow molds ( killer score of the day).

And I might still be spending 400 for the rest of the guys coin collection. If he'll take that offer...

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
I spent $5.30. I got what's pictured (already posted to the auction site), and a wire strainer, a teac head demagnetizer, and a two-ink Chromatic pen with the C&O - B&O Railroad logo on it. I figure I'll get my money back.

Attachments

• h3.jpg
    h3.jpg
    918.6 KB · Views: 77
  • d3.jpg
    d3.jpg
    949.8 KB · Views: 79
  • p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    974.7 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10 for Pyrex and 60s teal foot stool 25 for a Morgan, two silver halves, 5 40% halves, a quarter and two dimes 32 for thee boxes of Christmas blow molds ( killer score of the day). And I might still be spending 400 for the rest of the guys coin collection. If he'll take that offer...

Which blowmolds did you get?

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Total bust for me this weekend.

I hit two estate tag sales...what a waste of time. I spent a whopping $11.25. It isn't unusual for me to drop $1,000 in a day.

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Lightest weekend for me in awhile, spent 20141025_111913_resized.jpg $130 but this vise I got for $20 should almost cover that.

Jayers

Jun 28, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Just starting out with a BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which blowmolds did you get?

A couple of toy soldiers/nutcrackers that will go in the household collection, a couple of odd angels, and a children based manger scene that will go on the bay. Should be able to quadruple the 32 with the manger scene alone.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I spent $150 on electronics, silver, crystal, and bits and pieces of other stuff. Already sold the bose ipod/iPhone dock for $145... So I am happy.

The silver was 4 sterling salt shakers. 60 grams each for $50 for all. That's about
$. 21 a gram.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$77 and I really shouldn't have spent that. No more buying until I can list of some of this crap!

I did give the estate sale lady from last week a $100 bill though, she was happily surprised. I spent $50 at her sale last week. I listed and sold just 2 of those items for $250. I have another $400-$500 worth left to sell (whenever I list them) so I figure she deserved it. Besides, she has called me in the past for private pre-sales and I always make money on her, maybe it will gain me another advantage in the future. Her sale this week only netted some household items and ​a bottle of Hugo Boss-

119961.jpg

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of toy soldiers/nutcrackers that will go in the household collection, a couple of odd angels, and a children based manger scene that will go on the bay. Should be able to quadruple the 32 with the manger scene alone.

Nice score

Nutcrackers go for $20-$30

Angels depend on which model

And I have seen the precious mom et nativity go for up to $200

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
$82 on assorted coins and a box of junk including artwork, brass candlesticks x2, lantern, and NIB coffee mugs.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digg,

I can say I did the same thing you did, but my dollars were 1/5 of yours.... At the last monthly local flea market, I saw a fellow I hadn't seen for almost a year. He had sold me five 85w solar panels for $40 each several years ago and got me on my way to my large solar panel array. They had been taken off an older Highway Dept. programmable flashing road sign. On the trailer was the control panel, inverter, volt and amp meters, and a lot of long heavy battery cables. He wanted $50 for the unknown inverter, I passed on it, and $30 for the long cables and meters.... The day before the flea market, I'd just re-opened the box I'd packed to the brim all the stuff and saw all those large heavy-duty low voltage cable connectors, the high quality of the heavy, long battery cables and thought to myself that $30 dollars just wasn't enough.....

He was selling huge HANKS of 1" diameter synthetic rope once used for pulling new high line wires from tower to tower. I had the $20 bill in hand and said, "This is for you." as I put it in his. The look on his face was one of wonderment and subtle shock.... I told him what it was for and that "It takes more Grace to receive than it does to Give."

It was the fair thing to do, and I'm sure I'll be buying more things from him....

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$0. Got a flat tire within 3 minutes of leaving house. Ruined my whole morning.
That's not as bad as locking your keys in the car, while it's running, in your driveway. Waited over an hour for AAA to show up. Morning was shot. This was several months ago. Flat tire? Nascar pit stop speed, done! Unless of course you don't have a spare or a jack, been there done that too lol.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$0 thankfully, I'm trying very hard to move into full on winter selling mode. Harder than it seems, but I've gone a few weeks without any buying and it feels great!

Kendahlj

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$0 thankfully, I'm trying very hard to move into full on winter selling mode. Harder than it seems, but I've gone a few weeks without any buying and it feels great!

What's your secret? I haven't been able to cut myself off yet...

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few things, I've been trying to stop buying for the past few months and I realized that my buying was outpacing my selling by quite a bit. I'm a college student so I don't have a lot of space to work with, I'm graduating in the spring, and I'm trying to save money for my future. All of those factors combined gave me a good reason to give buying a rest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread