Bell Trading post hallmark? on weighted Sterling silver Candy dish with handle

tech125

May 11, 2010
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this nice weighted sterling candy dish with handle for .99 at Goodwill. Hallmark looks like a Bell with LA?Could this be the mark for Bell Trading post? Weighs 107grams and is 3 inches high by 5 inches in diameter. Did some basic research on price and couldn't find one with this exact trademark. I know weighted pieces only yield about 10% for scrap so im hoping this one sells
in the $30 or so range for non scrap?

Thank You..

Attachments

• IMG_2803.JPG
    IMG_2803.JPG
    420.9 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_2799.JPG
    IMG_2799.JPG
    537.7 KB · Views: 457

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd think only the base was weighted. If you decide to scrap it, tear it apart yourself. Then you will know for sure.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I have one Bell Trading Post item and is like the old trading posts from western days…a Century21 For Sale sign comes to mind...

OP
OP
tech125

tech125

May 11, 2010
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes I am Familiar with the Bell Trading post hallmark which is like the cent21 for sale sign, this one is not like that but I do
know their hallmark changed over time....

dw171

Aug 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should easily be able to get $30 for it. Only the base is weighted. Seeing as the base is pretty small, there should be a good 2 ozt of sterling left. The 10% rule generally works for items that are completely weighted, like salt and pepper shakers. I haven't seen that hallmark yet, but definitely a good buy for 99 cents.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I can't tell you who made it, I don't think that is a Bell Trading Post hallmark. It's not one of their known marks.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I can't tell you who made it, I don't think that is a Bell Trading Post hallmark. It's not one of their known marks.
Agree! Bell Trading marketed Southwestern jewelry and native american art. Looks nothing like the stuff from the SW. Hard for me to say if I'd scrap it or keep it intact? I'm thinking though, if is was me who had it I'm sure my curiosity would take over and I would most likely dismantle it, because it looks to have more good silver then your typical weighted silver items. Good Score and do with it what you wish!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread