Big Vintage Toy Auction Tomorrow

AwakenYouthful

Aug 31, 2014
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting a kick out of looking at these listings, seeing so much from my childhood era. Thought you guys might enjoy browsing.

Seems the bidding is going up high on some stuff already. Might all be out of my price range, but I'll enjoy being there tomorrow, regardless, to check out at all these old toys...

Select "bids high to low" in the sort order box to see the best stuff first...

Vintage Toys, Dolls, Trains & Comic Books 11/8

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is pretty cool. Do the live auction opening bids just pick up from the current price of the online auction? Never seen that before.

OP
OP
AwakenYouthful

AwakenYouthful

Aug 31, 2014
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is pretty cool. Do the live auction opening bids just pick up from the current price of the online auction? Never seen that before.

I think so. I read somewhere the online bidding closes at 9am, and then the people at the live auction bid above and beyond those, if they want. So yeah, I guess they'd just start the auctions a few dollars above the high online bidder. High Bid prices seem almost retail already for most the stuff.

OP
OP
AwakenYouthful

AwakenYouthful

Aug 31, 2014
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to hit a couple yard sales before the auction, but I think I might scratch those and show up 2 hours early to the auction so I can play with and touch everything in the previewing. haha. serious

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Yes, they will start the bidding at whatever the online bid is, generally speaking.

I have seen auctioneer that start bids at $5, even though he already has an online bid of $45, just to create interest in the live auction.

All of the auctions that I've been to have live auctions and online bidding is allowed all of the way up to the point that he says "sold!"

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
Have seen them do it both ways then witch ever sells the highest is the auction that wins.

TreasureGrabber

Jul 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/
Minelab Explorer SE (with Coiltek WOT spider, Coiltek Joe, SEF 10x12 )/Bounty Hunter Land Star.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck!!
Cool Auction!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread