The game snapback... Wow!

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do a lot of selling of vintage clothing and accessories, and I specialize in vintage snapbacks & trucker hats. A few weeks ago our fellow garage saler Beachkid posted a thread about some hats he had found, in particular some specific styles made by the hat company "the game". He posted some pictures a collector had given him of certain styles to look for that could be very valuable, and I, being a hat guy, took note. Fast forward to about a week ago, I decided to look through my massive back stock of hats to see if I had any of these valuable hats. Lo and behold I found 2, a Cincinnati Reds and a Buffalo Sabres, each with the glued logo and the "split bar" style shown in the photographs from the thread before. I listed the Reds hat, excited that I might have just stumbled on a gold mine. I started it at 14.99, and it proceeded to get one bid and 4 watchers. Not awful, but not the bidding frenzy I was hoping for. I was a little discouraged, so I put the sabres hat in a pile of hats that I would list soon-ish and moved on with selling other things.

Today I was in a listing mood, so I gathered some hats to photograph, including the sabres hat mentioned before. I photographed it and listed it, optimistically starting it at $24.99... It's been about 3 hours since I listed it, and here's where it is! Looks like it's going to be a good auction!

Vintage The Game Split Bar Glued Logo Buffalo Sabres Snapback Hat Baseball Cap | eBay

Thanks for the excellent tip beachkid, I was able to find a true gem I didn't even know I had! I'm excited to see where this one goes!

Happy hunting everyone!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do a lot of selling of vintage clothing and accessories, and I specialize in vintage snapbacks & trucker hats. A few weeks ago our fellow garage saler Beachkid posted a thread about some hats he had found, in particular some specific styles made by the hat company "the game". He posted some pictures a collector had given him of certain styles to look for that could be very valuable, and I, being a hat guy, took note. Fast forward to about a week ago, I decided to look through my massive back stock of hats to see if I had any of these valuable hats. Lo and behold I found 2, a Cincinnati Reds and a Buffalo Sabres, each with the glued logo and the "split bar" style shown in the photographs from the thread before. I listed the Reds hat, excited that I might have just stumbled on a gold mine. I started it at 14.99, and it proceeded to get one bid and 4 watchers. Not awful, but not the bidding frenzy I was hoping for. I was a little discouraged, so I put the sabres hat in a pile of hats that I would list soon-ish and moved on with selling other things. Today I was in a listing mood, so I gathered some hats to photograph, including the sabres hat mentioned before. I photographed it and listed it, optimistically starting it at $24.99... It's been about 3 hours since I listed it, and here's where it is! Looks like it's going to be a good auction! Vintage The Game Split Bar Glued Logo Buffalo Sabres Snapback Hat Baseball Cap | eBay Thanks for the excellent tip beachkid, I was able to find a true gem I didn't even know I had! I'm excited to see where this one goes! Happy hunting everyone!

Nice. I have no idea why some are worth a lot and some are worth a little. But I don't care why either I just buy them! Good find and I will definitely watch that auction!!

OP
OP
B

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! The auction just ended, it got bid up to $255! for 1 hat! The highest price for any the game hat sold on ebay for quite a while, it's right at the top if you sort by price+shipping highest first.

We all have our complaints about ebay, but times like this make me thankful for it. Where else could I have sold this hat for this much?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread