tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure makes it all look like new. Nice pristine looking heavy duty stools you have there.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I have only used Never-Dull on wheels! I will have to expand my use of it! Thanks! And Welcome to T-Net(although I'm kinda new myself)!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Armorall is bad for vinyl for the long term. It dries out the material and causes it to crack. WD40 is better. Even Pam cooking spray will work.

Last edited:

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used this brand of Armor-All spray foam for years in cleaning and taking away years of age. A large spray can of foam costs less than $4. This spray product has enough detergent in it to do a good job of cleaning; just be sure to wipe down you item first to get the loose surface dust and grime off. I've tried many different types of spray tire foams, most have an ammonia smell and just do not do the job. When this foam is wiped down, it dries without leaving any residue behind to catch dust and dirt. Sometimes it takes a 2nd or 3rd coat if the surface is really faded and has shallow scratches....

I use this on items that are varnished, lacquered, or painted. Antique saw, hand plane, draw knife, brace & bit tools with wooden handles look great. So, other items like plaques, book shelves, filing cabinets, jewelry boxes (inside and out) look younger. If the item is plastic, it also gives the surface a "like new" look that stays looking new until you can sell it. Some of the best returns on the dollar come when I buy the #12 or #10 heavy-duty bright yellow or orange 50' & 100' extension cords that are "Dirty". After wiping the cord down with a damp cloth, I put the whole extension cord coil inside a heavier-duty McDonald's/Whataburger take-out plastic bag, Heavily spray the foam all over the cord, tie it closed, and lay bag and contents in the sun for a few days solar heat does wonders. Pull the sprayed extension cord through a clean shop towel or old bath towel rag and it may look like it came from the store a few weeks before.... I usually wrap the things I've cleaned and tagged with one of those thin Walmart plastic grocery bags and tie them closed until my next garage sale.

Spray the foam on the outside surfaces of things like B-B guns, lawnmowers(from wheels to hoods, mower decks to engine paint and chrome) I also used it on a pair of high-top Tony Lama leather "work" boots I paid $1.00 for and sold for $10.00. Unsealed leather drinks it up, so you may have to give the pair a new foaming the night before your own garage sale starts. It's great for your own shoe tops and edges of the shoe sole, it will appear that you just polished them. (just don't spray on the flat of the sole as it can make the shoe somewhat slick on vinyl, varnished, or painted floors) But leather belts, straps, or camera cases look years younger when you let it set on the surface for a few minutes before you wipe the foam away. If you have items still sealed in retail heat-shrink or small plastic bags of hardware, spray these and wipe them down. They will look like brand new inventory (be careful if the plastic has printing on the outside, don't let the spray sit very long before wiping it away as it can take the instructions print off...)

As long as we are talking about products that make things look better, how about SHOE POLISH?

If you buy small pieces of furniture, or complete wooden mirror frames, you can use "Scuff Cover" shoe polish to touchup places that take a lot of wear like cabriole legs' feet. If it's Mahogany, use the cordovan color. If you think about it, this type of "scuff cover" shoe polish is really a wood stain with its own sealer. My brother laughed when I told him about a dark brown $35 sideboard (old buffet )I bought that I re-glued the split oak top, but had scratched legs. I fixed the legs and bun feet with brown "shoe Polish" and sold it for $120. I used the Kwiki Scuff Cover's brown shoe polish and let it dry....even the Armor-All Spray Foam won't take off the new coloring....

Bill

Attachments

• Armor All Foam Best for Cleaning Anything.jpg
    Armor All Foam Best for Cleaning Anything.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
OP
OP
NWpickin

NWpickin

Aug 27, 2014
Seattle, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice tips on the spray foam and tire cleaner.... I had no-idea... I will defiantly be adding these to my arsenal.

Never really used shoe polish but have used Blend Sticks by Dap.... They have a complete set of all shades/colors on eBay... Works great in furniture and wood.

Attachments

• image-386884525.jpg
    image-386884525.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 72

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions