1966 florida state police uniform

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought this a couple weeks ago at an estate sale. Guy wanted $150 for it. The place was completely packed with things. And there was maybe four people in the whole house. Anyways I ended up buying it for $15 for everything. there's four pair pants three shirts and a jacket. I finally took pictures of it and I'm going to list it but I thought I would share. image-1042279076.jpg image-311879611.jpg image-3310392799.jpg image-2480498946.jpg image-4079193714.jpg image-976628250.jpg

Last edited:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So cool! Now you just need a mannequin and post him up by your front window

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How the heck did you manage to get it for $15 from $150? Kind of looks like the ones they still wear today still.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How the heck did you manage to get it for $15 from $150? Kind of looks like the ones they still wear today still.

I put it down 3 times. There was no way I was going to pay more than $20 for it. And finally he told somebody else to deal with it because he wasn't. And finally I said luck I'll give you 15 bucks it's dirty it smells old and needs dry cleaned and they took it. This house was packed full and there was nobody there at the sale. And they had a ton of garbage!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put it on and go detect and dig anywhere. I'm jealous...

A friend of mine works for the sheriffs office here. She is crime scene unit and she opened up the back of her van and they have two Garrett metal detectors... top-of-the-line. I keep asking her to bring home an extra one but it has not happened yet.

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The story here is that you bought this stuff at 10% of their initial asking price. Awesome job haggling man!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The story here is that you bought this stuff at 10% of their initial asking price. Awesome job haggling man!

Well also I dealt with this company before. I went to one of their estate sales and they had everything in boxes and I spent an hour digging out stuff in the middle of summer at their sale. No air conditioning in the house picked out everything I wanted took it up to the guy and he said something like $80 and I about fell over. I said look I just spent all this time taken in the heat for the stuff there is nothing spectacular worth more than $80 but not worth paying $80 at the same time. So I try to negotiate with him and he would not budge on price is whatsoever. He said if you don't want to pay $80 just set it here and somebody else will buy it!! I told him there was no way I said it there I'm gonna go put it back where I found it I did all the work why should I let somebody else just pick it up off the table and buy it. So I did I took it back and put it in the boxes and buried all that stuff again and left. So when I go to this estate sale and I see it's the same jerk running it and there's no one in the building I understand why. And I just set them up in a more and 15 for it that's how it is. So had to been anybody else and they wanted $40 short 50 I probably would've paid that but I had bad blood from this dude before and I wasn't going to deal with at this time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread