Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Have not posted in a while so here is a little update:

A few months back I grabbed a nice original lithograph etching from a place where I have done a lot of business for several years now. The piece came in and I saw it. Well, he saved it for me and when I came in the next time he gave it to me (for free). It was in a broken crusty frame and needed to be completely re-done. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago... I dropped it off at a local framing shop ($50 job). Just picked it up and I love it!

On another note I briefly stopped into a local thrift store on Saturday. Thrifts have not been good to me over the years so my expectations are always low. Well, this time I found something. It is a small glass mustard or condiment jar with sterling lid. The spoon is missing but at $1.50 it was a good buy.

Here is one of his prints that recently sold: Charles Woodbury Original Etching Drypoint 9 x 11" s L L | eBay

I also found examples of his work on the Boston Library website including my piece. It is titled "Sea Pool". Also on MIT's website: MIT Museum Collections - Objects

Attachments

• IMG_3875.JPG
    IMG_3875.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3877.JPG
    IMG_3877.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3878.JPG
    IMG_3878.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 74

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find on the etching. I'll admit, I know nothing of art or it's value. I would have probably paid $5 for that if I saw it, just because they are topless and it's signed. You had it framed so are you keeping it or selling it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread