I have been contemplating for a few days on posting this.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TSCOM

Oct 13, 2014
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe you. Now tell us what you scored :)

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude....these types of posts are torture. Post tonight!

Read text below on the old post...made me chuckle:

Quote Originally Posted by mts
I think this is banner worthy.
You: Please, NO. I really don't want this past our "little" group.

Last edited:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I remember those boxes. Always wondered how you came out or if you went back & got more. Looking forward to the rest of the story.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE 11-12-14

I just didn't have the time yesterday to downsize my photos. t-net would not accept my phone's pic size.

Just in case you did not read the first posting here is the brief story:

Two and a half years ago I bought a pile of jewelry. 234 pounds to be exact for $40 and a few weeks later 76 pounds for $177.00. Notice the price keeps going up. The 234 lbs was at a yard sale, but i knew she had more. To make a long story short I tracked her down and then I had to negotiate with her father-in-law (who I knew sold used cars at one time) That is why the price went up. When I left his house he told me he had a lot more that he might sell "someday" Well every 6-8 months I would send a note and got a "not yet" Well out of the blue last week he said he was moving and wanted to sell. But he didn't know how much he had. I bought about 2/3 of what he had. He wanted too much for everything.

This is what I just bought 210 pounds of junk jewelry. Cost? An even grand.
P.S. on the 310 lbs, I pulled out a lot of karat gold, 925 and GF.

Attachments

• JUNK.01.jpg
    JUNK.01.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 164
  • JUNK.02.jpg
    JUNK.02.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 167
  • JUNK.03.jpg
    JUNK.03.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 157
OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Already found gold. Gold Filled that is and i have not had time to even look yet. I weighed everything on my kitchen table on Sunday. then closed the box before 11 AM My brother in law had invited me for a ride in a 1946 Packard pick up truck. I couldn't pass that up. (not his truck a local car museum gives rides in their display cars)

Well Monday evening I walked into my kitchen and out of the corner of my eye something shiny reflected off the floor. I know that color anywhere, sure enough it was gold. But only a 12kt 1/20 GF chain clasp. But it is a sign of good thing to come.

After I start sorting through for AU/AG/GF I will be selling the k-rap jewelry on feeBay and etsy in small bulk boxes.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you "know" vintage costume jewelry? Much is worth more than it's melt value, if it were made of silver that is.

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you "know" vintage costume jewelry? Much is worth more than it's melt value, if it were made of silver that is.
My hubby almost fell out of his chair when he saw how much a (KT) Takahashi pin (made of wood) sold for about 1 year ago on eBay. More than its weight in Platinum at the time.

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!!! I have burned that kind of pin into my brain now and will be on the look for that little sucker! I would have fallen out of my chair too!

That one wasn't mine. I sold a cardinal though for about $175 and I have two brown thrushes to list shortly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread