More finds: Color wheel, Helmet, Walkie-talkies, Pokemon, Heineken, Worlds Fair

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More finds: Color wheel, Helmet, Walkie-talkies, Pokemon, Heineken, World's Fair

Here's some more of my better deals from the past few months. I'm always stealing buying ideas from here, so I need to give back. :) All prices are without shipping.

$_57 (1).JPG

Vintage walkie-talkies. Not working and sold as-is. Bought $5, sold $50.

$_57 (2).JPG

Process analyzer. Buddy picked this up for me from thrift store - he is a chemist and knew this was valuable. Shared profit with him. Bought $12, sold $300.

$_57 (3).JPG

Pokemon Soul Silver DS Game. Game only, no box or manual. Bought $2, Sold $32.

$_57 (4).JPG

Heineken cooler w/ CD player/radio. Bought $10, sold $99.

$_57 (5).JPG

Variable bench power supply. Bought $5, sold $60.

$_57 (6).JPG

Ferrograph, audio test equipment. Google it if you are curious. Bought $5, sold $120.

$_57 (7).JPG

World's Fair street sign. Bought this at auction for the opening bid of $10. Sold for $150. There was about 200 other people at this auction that didn't bid against me.

$_57 (8).JPG

Vintage motorcycle seat, excellent condition, bought at auction. Bought $5, sold $80.

$_57 (9).JPG

Bought this vintage seat the next day at a garage sale for $2. Bought $2, sold $50.

$_57.jpeg

Christmas tree color wheel thingy. Bought $2, sold $31.

$_57.JPG

Vintage mc helmet. Bought $10, sold $100.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff, thanks for sharing. That seems pretty low for a color wheel. They used to go for more money I thought. For $2 you still did good though. Too bad you didn't find the aluminum Christmas tree to go with it.
Question, since I'm not a motorcycle enthusiast, how do you know what type of bike the seats will fit? Are they marked or are they more or less interchangeable?

OP
OP
M

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were both marked on the bottom along with the ANSI certification.

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds ... thanks for sharing! ANY Pokemon game is worth a buck or two ... most are easy sells for 15 to 30 bucks.

Easy to store, sell and ship. My kind of money!

OP
OP
M

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds ... thanks for sharing! ANY Pokemon game is worth a buck or two ... most are easy sells for 15 to 30 bucks.

Easy to store, sell and ship. My kind of money!

Yes, Pokemon games are just like finding cash. The cool thing about that one - it was in a box for Rabbids 3D. I've had several copies of both Heartgold and Soulsilver. The only ones that aren't that good are the Mystery Dungeon and Ranger games.

OP
OP
M

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I am insanely jealous yet filled with admiration.

Thanks! These are my better finds from recent trips. I do a lot of buy for 10, sell for 30 stuff too - I'm not going to post those even though they are money makers. The homeruns are what keep me going. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread