tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take it to an authorized Rolex dealer. There are real looking 14K and stainless steel after market Rolex bands out there and allot of folks buy the after market band because a genuine Rolex band cost allot more. You'll be able to compare the difference next to a genuine Rolex band. If it is a well made after market band it'll still be worth some bucks. You will find a fair amount of genuine preowned Rolex's on line and they will have after market bands on them. I think their putting those on the watches and selling the genuine band on their own and getting allot more money?. Buddy of mine purchase an all 14K Rolex datejust on ebay and found it had a real looking 14K after market band that was not a genuine Rolex band. He didn't grip as the listing said (wasn't sure of the band authenticity). Still he was satisfied. The good after market bands come from Italy and they will be real gold.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
OK. That is really helpful. Thanks so much.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Generally they have an engraved number on each of the underside connectors where the pins connect.

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Generally they have an engraved number on each of the underside connectors where the pins connect.

Nope. No numbers anywhere. Hmm. Maybe I should just put it in my scrap pile.

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coincidentally, I just bought a book today about watches. What kind of Rolex?

Attachments

• image-297776636.jpg
    image-297776636.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 64

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread