Vintage skateboard score!

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked this up a few days ago for $5. I didn't know how good of a pic up it was until doing some research on it. It is a vintage NATAS Santa Monica Airlines board with Phoenix HPG IV trucks and OD II Street 92 Santa Cruz Speed Wheels. Looks to have normal wear, no cracks or breaks and the bearings are in great shape, the wheels spin for a long time.

Im not sure if the best way to sell this is to remove the trucks and wheels from the board and sell it all separate or leave it complete and sell as is. Looks like I may end up with over $250 for this. Cant beat that!
IMG_2842_zps4ad81b9b.jpg
IMG_2847_zpsa953745d.jpg

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the wheels look original I think I would leave them. If you are sure they are aftermarket wheels you might consider removing them. I personally think most people are looking at how well the graphic in the pic will display and how many deep scratches the bottom of the board has. Thats how I decide if its a keeper or not.

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
I had that board as a kid. I'm jealous! Spell Natas backwards and realize the word play they used for their branding. Pretty funny.

DigginDownUnder

May 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also had that deck, I even named my dog natas :) boy I wish I hung onto my decks.

Please give me your price, I really want that wheels and all, what wonderfull memories.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on a skateboard long before that ever came out. Used to make my own boards. What they do now is way beyond what we did back then.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool the graphics look like vintage tattoo flash art, almost. What's a board like that sell for?

OP
OP
nathan104

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From looking at previous ebay sales, I think it should go for $250-$300 sold complete.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find! That's one of those things I would have walked right by.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had that board as a kid. I'm jealous! Spell Natas backwards and realize the word play they used for their branding. Pretty funny.

Natas was just the guys first name. His full name is Natas Kaupas. However, I do remember people saying that skateboard was about devil worshiping! That made it so much more appealing to teenage boys...lol.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I was on a skateboard long before that ever came out. Used to make my own boards. What they do now is way beyond what we did back then.

Yes indeed! I grew up in Southern California when all things surfing (including what we called "sidewalk surfing") was all the rage. We used to make our own skateboards from a piece of plywood and the old metal roller skates you would strap on to your shoes (Gawd that makes me feel OLD!). Those old metal wheels (and the next generation clay wheels) were a nightmare. If you hit a pebble of any significant size or crack in the sidewalk the board would stop dead instantly and pitch you face first onto the concrete. I can't even begin to remember the number of skinned knees and elbows I got from those primitive skateboards but we had a blast with them anyway. By the time boards like this came out, I had outgrown the sport but once in a while some kid would let me ride his for a few minutes. I remember thinking I wished, when I was younger, that I had a board with wheels that would roll right over those pebbles and cracks without stopping.

OP
OP
nathan104

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you all think, list it with a high fixed price and accept best offers, or start it at 99 cents at let it go as an auction? The fixed price route will cost $4, auction route is free.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it might bring $250, I would do a buy-it-now for $250 OBO.

I wouldn't trust an auction unless there are a lot of buyers -- which there might be, these are desirable. But if there are a lot of competing buyers, one might hit a b-i-n.

My buy-it-nows only cost 30 cents? Final value fees will be the same and that's the big bill.

OP
OP
nathan104

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive got it saved at a draft with a $350 fixed price and accept best offer and it shows listing fees $4. I don't have anything extra on the listing.

OP
OP
nathan104

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last complete board like mine sold for $300 and had 5 different bidders. There is not another one like mine currently listed on ebay

OP
OP
nathan104

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, i listed it late last night for 350 with best offer and woke up this morning to 5 offers and 15 watchers. Highest offer so far is 325 with 15 shipping. So, do i take that or wait to see if someone hits the BIN for 350? The 325 offer is from someone that sells vintage skateboard stuff.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could wait until right before the offer expires to accept it. I would decline the other offers and see if they hit the buy it now or offer more. If not, $325 is a $320 profit!!! Don't lose it. Let us know how it turns out!

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vintage , lol

I wish I had mine yet....:BangHead: I cold show you "Vintage" :laughing7:

I don't even think the word Ninja was invented back then .
Seriously though. Cool Board !

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, i listed it late last night for 350 with best offer and woke up this morning to 5 offers and 15 watchers. Highest offer so far is 325 with 15 shipping. So, do i take that or wait to see if someone hits the BIN for 350? The 325 offer is from someone that sells vintage skateboard stuff.

I would sell for $325 if the buyer has a good track record. I hate that Best Offers don't have to pay immediately, and it looks like you could hit your BIN in a couple days. If their feedback is low or something seems off, would recommend waiting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread