diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the "Professionals" and some local dealers have somewhat of a tunnel vision.... Here in North Texas, if they are there early, parked and staying in their warm autos, and I walk up to the front door and stand, they think that early parking out at the street gives them the right to walk to the front of the line.
Last weekend, the estate sale kept the fence gate closed. It was a half a block walk to the front door. The "first" guy went straight for the front door. The second guy walked about the property, looked over what items were already set out at the other end of the house, then came and TOOK his place as we waited another 10 minutes for the front door to open. Being third in line, I didn't see the worth in addressing it, but it just didn't set well with me.

Is this the way it works where you guys are?

Absolutely not, with the exception of looking at outside items once you've established your place in line, maybe. If I'm the first person (and vehicle) to arrive at a sale, I sit in my car until someone else, be it the 2nd, 3rd or 5th car to show up, gets out of their vehicle. Then I jump out of mine and take my number one spot. If there is anything set outside for sale I look and the wife stays in line and vice versa.

However, if I show up after you and no one is in line and you don't get out of your car when you see me walking towards the front door or what have you, your outta luck. The line forms at the door or entrance to the property (behind me), not sitting on your butt in your vehicle. I would expect the same treatment. That being said I do live in south Florida, so cold weather is something I see on the television.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a few more pics. This one here shows all the McKinley/Roosevelt badges from Wisconsin

This is the other awesome find for the day, a collection of 1900 Republican convention badges. Some very nice pieces here.
This is a link to an auction with 4 of these badges.
Hake's - FOUR NATIONAL REPUBLICAN CONVENTION 1900 RIBBON BADGES: "PRESS/DOOR KEEPER/USHER/PAGE."

Happy Hunting everyone!
The hits keep coming! Very nice. Depending on what I had invested in it, I'd be tempted to hold on to the political memorabilia.

OP
OP
B

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Up in North Dakota and Minnesota, the weather is often a major factor and I think why they run the number systems. Now, this is only for the major estate sale companies. If its a garage sale or privately listed sale, first at the door gets it.

OP
OP
B

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is my favorite piece. Not the most valuable. But a civil war reunion badge for the 21st wisconsin volunteers. My great great grandfather Thomas Rohann served as a drummer boy in the 21st. This one will be staying in the family!

image-107572075.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread