Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bunny Yeager's Estate Sale

For those who may not know her, Bunny Yeager is most famous for her photographic images of Betty Page. Bunny Yeager dies; revealing images of Bettie Page helped define art of erotic photography - The Washington Post
There was a sale listed as "the estate of Bunny Yeager". Needless to say the sale was very disappointing overall. Basically it was a junk sale. Nothing but boxes of junk holiday decorations from her garage. No one was allowed in the house and the boxes coming out of the garage were filthy, dirty and basically full of nothing but junk. It was being held by her daughter and two of her friends, all 3 of whom were deaf and it was difficult to communicate with them. So I braved it out anyway and spent an hour digging through stank boxes of crap, elbow to elbow with 20 other people doing the same thing, as one person brought out a single box at a time onto the driveway (no one allowed in the garage either) for us to search through. Picture 20 buyers all trying to go after 1 box, over and over, it was a joke. One box after another, Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines day, plastic flowers, crafting supplies, old (worthless) dishes, Avon crap, etc. etc. That being said I still think I pulled a needle or two out of the proverbial haystack.

I was the only one at the sale to find anything personally related to Bunny Yeager. In one box I found an old vinyl ladies wallet covered with mold on the outside and it felt like something in it. Inside was a bunch of papers including one of her bank cards, 3 old vehicle registrations, credit cards from both of her husbands and other assorted ephemera.
A stack of her magazines "Glamour Girls Then & Now" (in newspaper print, issue 9 started with magazine layout) was found and they were passed out in an orderly fashion one by one so that everyone that wanted one got one versus someone taking the whole stack. I managed volumes 2,3 and 8. Volume 2 has Marilyn Monroe on the cover.
The "Meat me at Porky's" movie promo pinback was also found in the bottom of one of those junk boxes. She had a small part in the movie so I would imagine that's where it came from. I also managed to dig up 2- 8mm video tapes and on them are video of two of her photo shoots, one a nice looking nude blonde on the beach and the other a very buxom brunette just as nude in a studio setting. This was probably the best find at the sale and I have no idea what it's worth but it's gotta be worth something. Here's the pics-

DSC09265.jpg DSC09267.jpg DSC09266.jpg DSC09271.jpg DSC09272.jpg DSC09264.jpg

Not pictured is a Fostoria Heirloom opalescent handkerchief vase, a gift bag of items from Bruno Banani, and a Ramona LaRue by Adrianne silk see through moo-moo that I thought was a scarf at first.

An interesting note about the first Porky's movie... My father in law owned a pig farm
(yes, I married a pig farmer's daughter!) right down the street from Greynolds Park where the movie was being filmed. Guess who's pigs they used for the movie!

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting ! I have to ask.....
Did you talk Loudly while trying to communicate ? :tongue3:

I had a Deaf due to an auto accident Cousin..
and for some reason when I would talk to him
I didn't talk loud but I found myself talking like
I was talking to someone from another country :laughing7:
Slow and I mouthed everything explicitly but I could hear my accent match his
He probably thought I was a moron :laughing7:

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No loud talking but I was giving the thumbs up sign alot for some reason, lol. I don't know, I think if I was deaf and getting ready to run a sale (especially with 2 other deaf people), I would have a small notepad and pencil in my back pocket to help communicate with those who don't sign (which is 99.99 percent of the population). But then common sense isn't too common nowadays, even when it comes to deaf people I guess. I should have pulled out a stack of $100's and pointed towards the inside of the house. Just to let them know I was a serious buyer, hindsight and all. I'm sure that's where the good stuff was at. The boxes coming out of that garage were literally filled with crap I wouldn't even donate to Goodwill, straight to the curb I'm telling ya. The stuff I found was literally the cream of that crop. The funny thing is, most everyone there was looking for her photography and personal items. There was none, except the stuff I dug out of those junk boxes and a small stack of those magazines that were passed around.

I wonder if there would be any legal complications with the models themselves, if I tried to sell those nude video, photo shoots without their permission?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No loud talking but I was giving the thumbs up sign alot for some reason, lol. I don't know, I think if I was deaf and getting ready to run a sale (especially with 2 other deaf people), I would have a small notepad and pencil in my back pocket to help communicate with those who don't sign (which is 99.99 percent of the population). But then common sense isn't too common nowadays, even when it comes to deaf people I guess. I should have pulled out a stack of $100's and pointed towards the inside of the house. Just to let them know I was a serious buyer, hindsight and all. I'm sure that's where the good stuff was at. The boxes coming out of that garage were literally filled with crap I wouldn't even donate to Goodwill, straight to the curb I'm telling ya. The stuff I found was literally the cream of that crop. The funny thing is, most everyone there was looking for her photography and personal items. There was none, except the stuff I dug out of those junk boxes and a small stack of those magazines that were passed around.

I wonder if there would be any legal complications with the models themselves, if I tried to sell those nude video, photo shoots without their permission?

yea that would be a tuff call on the nudes videos .
if I were to sell them it would be incognito to a stranger.
so there is no chance of being named in a law suit :tongue3:
or to someone I could completely trust not to risk getting in trouble.
I wouldn't destroy them especially if there is a chance they are famous.

Of course people have gotten very wealthy on Famous nudes on occasion :thumbsup:

the "Glamour Girls Then & Now" do go good on Ebay.
or should I say, "a bit Pricy" on Ebay.
whether they sell is another story.

of cou

Last edited:

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I doubt it. They in all likelihood explicitly gave up their rights to those photos to the photographer when they got paid to model. The photographer or whoever hired him would own the rights and if those are original photos then the rights went with them.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt it. They in all likelihood explicitly gave up their rights to those photos to the photographer when they got paid to model. The photographer or whoever hired him would own the rights and if those are original photos then the rights went with them.
Is that the way it works? They came to her studio and had to pay her to photograph them, versus them getting paid to get photographed, no? I don't think these were professional models that an agency paid to get photographed.

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would only worry if you planned on making an extremely high profile sale involving images of equally high-profile celebrities. What you're describing is a legal entanglement best unpacked by an expert. Images of real people are a weird gray zone, and I only hear about them being an issue when the person in question is a high-powered celebrity. Everyone smells the money. Not too many crackdowns on the old photo albums at the flea market.

Last edited:
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would only worry if you planned on making an extremely high profile sale involving images of equally high-profile celebrities. What you're describing is a legal entanglement best unpacked by an expert. Images of real people are a weird gray zone, and I only hear about them being an issue when the person in question is a high-powered celebrity. Everyone smells the money. Not too many crackdowns on the old photo albums at the flea market.
I hear you and that makes sense. I have sold private nude polaroids before but they weren't taken by a famous photographer. I'm only guessing they aren't famous or known people. I have only viewed them on a little 2.5 inch screen on an old JVC 8mm camcorder, so it's hard to say. I need to hook it up to the tv and look at it. Maybe I can get a photo and see if they look familiar to anyone.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if the photographer photographed them she prob paid them and had them sign a release for the permission to use their photos.I think your good just make sure the girls are not famous.

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An interesting note about the first Porky's movie... My father in law owned a pig farm
(yes, I married a pig farmer's daughter!) right down the street from Greynolds Park where the movie was being filmed. Guess who's pigs they used for the movie![/QUOTE]

More interesting by the moment I tell you.....

Eagle101

Jul 22, 2012
New England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Gold,
Garrett AT Pro. Makro racer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can always leak them to TMZ for cash...lol

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as they aren't used commercially, you should be good. (print ads, postcards, coffee table book, etc). Owning a photograph is not the same as owning the copyright to the photograph. You can own a book by John Grisham. You can resell that book to whomever you choose. But you can't reprint it. Kinda like that.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies on the liabilty issues. I will try to get a photo or two off the video cassettes later today hopefully. If I can get my old camcorder hooked up to the TV for a decent sized shot.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as they aren't used commercially, you should be good. (print ads, postcards, coffee table book, etc). Owning a photograph is not the same as owning the copyright to the photograph. You can own a book by John Grisham. You can resell that book to whomever you choose. But you can't reprint it. Kinda like that.

actually I believe I read somewhere recently, some books cannot be resold without
payment to the publisher. in particular some College books,
because of greed due to used book stores save college students money.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now to decide how much to list this stuff for... :icon_scratch: I know it has value, the question is how much value, to the right person that is? I'm thinking of listing the whole lot together to get rid of it, just have to figure out a price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread