end of day glass ?

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
I got this today at a yard sell,mainly because of the size and bright colors. What is the correct name for this glass and who mite the manufactors be ? And of course what would you start the bidding at or bin price ? Any help at all would be nice. I bought 7 pieces of glass because of how good it looked ,where I normally do not buy it, bacause of breakage. Oh I gave 25.00 for it.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    941.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    435 KB · Views: 82

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
End of Day or Spatter glass are the two most common names for this type of glass. Your piece appears to be a production made piece probably Czech, but could also be Murano. Hard to say. I'm not too versed in this type of glassware, as I tend to stay away from this type of glass. Though I do collect actual slag pieces when I find them. As for the maker or value I have no idea.

Thought- Best case scenario is that it is a Dirwood made piece because that is what is selling for the most on ebay,but it doesn't really look like anything they produced. You could try contacting them to ask.- http://stores.ebay.com/DirwoodGlass-Art-by-Dirwood

Note- I have 3 large center bowls like yours (Blenko and Egermann) that I have refrained from listing because of the size, cost and work involved to pack and ship them safely. They are probably worth about $50 each but I know I wouldn't want to spend an extra $25 or so on shipping for a $50 item. So one sits on a table and the other two are in the top of a closet.

OP
OP
B

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
Thanks Dig, The lady has a Huge collection she got when her mom died. She was from czech,but has a lot of Murano and czech in her collection along with alot of german pieces like humel. She said this was Murano but it could be from some one else because her mom traveled alot and bought things she liked on her trips. You would love seeing her collection there are over 4000 pieces that she will be selling. I will contact dirwood because it does look like the one I saw on her page. Once again thank you, for all the help you give all of us. I do not pass on any of your posts, always hoping I can give you some help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread