Did the right thing...

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine works at a local thrift store here in town. He called and asked if I would stop and get them some lunch and bring it to his work which was fine. So I'm standing next to him out of the warehouse in this lady stops and says can you help me unload some books and put them in the donation box. So I said sure and I helped unload her car. One book looked funny to me and i looked more of like a binder and I read the top of it and it said sterling silver ingots....

If I remember correctly it said 20 sterling silver ingots actually. I opened it up and what a shiny surprise inside!!!! I turned to her and I said you don't want to donate these put them back in your car and if you want I will give you a free appraisal on them but I would keep these in the family or sell them don't donate them. I told her they were sterling silver and they were probably about 1 1/2 ounces each. I didn't go into reading up on them I think they were Franklin mint though.

She got kind of emotional and said that she really could use the money and they were looking for them. she knew her father had a bunch but they couldn't find where they were I guess she didn't expect them to be in a binder or folder. So I don't know if she will ever call me and I don't expect her to but just seeing something like that getting dropped off by somebody right in front of me was something I couldn't look away from and ignore!

I guess it tis the season! Right after that happened a lady tried to donate a box with about 50 Honeybell oranges in it! He said we don't take food unless it's in cans and she said oh well do you have kids you can give these to them opened up the box...... And.....

image-1862925520.jpg

Some of the best oranges I've had in a long time. I only brought home about 15 of them and there's 8 left! They are delicious and I'm gonna stop back there tomorrow see if there's any left!!

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
That is cool! Thank you for doing the right thing!!!!

I have one to share...my wife and I did something nice today for someone, and less than a few hours later, I found an item for $45 that should sell for $450 on ebay. It may be my best pick of the year, so far.

I believe that God rewards us when we do the right things in life, even though sometimes it isn't what might benefit us at the moment.

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a great story, that money could really help that family. It will pay dividends down the road I'm sure.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
you are a good honest man --may god reward your honesty

tamaco

Oct 16, 2013
southwest
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love this story! That is so terrific that you were helping this lady out, and then was able to help her out even more!!! She is so lucky you were there :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions