Solid Silver Cake Server ID Help

1treasurehunter1

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett Sea Hunter MK2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, first of all Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to you all.

I recently got this nice solid silver cake server, I scratch tested it on a piece of slate with 18k acid and did a magnet slide test on it. Its marked KLN.A&C. By the look of it I suspected it to be silver. Paid $2 plus tax for it. It weighs 36.38 grams. I was wondering if any of you could help identify its origins, I'm thinking Persian or Indian. Possibly antique. Have any of you seen something like this before? I'm thinking its worth more than scrap, how much would you list it for on ebay?

Thanks in advance.

DSC00372.JPG DSC00374.JPG DSC00375.JPG DSC00376.JPG

Last edited:

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a Malaysian piece and here is an example of a 20 gram sugar tongs selling for 75 US dollars.Your pie server is 16 grams heavier and a lot mor pleasing to the eye, so you can kinda do the math on it.... but I would ask for 100 or best offer.... with free shipping. Just remember, you paid 214 cents for it, you will profit good no matter what but if you have no lookers you may have to make less profit by lowering the price considerably

YOU SEARCHED FOR: -

Serpentine Antiques
DSC09808.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP

1treasurehunter1

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett Sea Hunter MK2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another site says that KLN.A&C is from Pahang, the third largest state in Malaysia.
Don......

I googled the crap out of this piece and don't know how I missed finding it; literally the first thing that pops up on google when searching "KLN.A&C" is another silver piece by this maker. I must have mistyped it on google when I searched for it haha. Thanks guys.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are the other pieces by this maker marked as sterling along with the makers marks? On your last photo it looks like a brass tone around the edges. It may be just patina or tarnish but may want to check it more if you are not certain. It's so hard to tell from photos.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Doesn't look like sterling to me & the way the handle is attached doesn't look high quality. A plated item can pass a scratch test & all a magnet test confirms is that any underlying metal isn't magnetic. It could be copper/brass/whatever plated. Of course you have it in hand & all I have are pics so it's entirely possible I'm wrong.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread