3 sales turns up coins and humidor

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I picked a bad weekend to go yard sales as far as quantity. There was not very much around here that I found however I did get when I was going for anyways so I'm happy with that. The first house I bought a pair of Nikes for five dollars. The second house was this humidor which I've never bought before but it was only two dollars I wasn't going to pass it up. then the third house the lady had some coins and I offered her $25 for these ones and she said okay. Then she went and signed and brought out 11 half-dollars and about five rolls of buffalo nickels I offered her $80 and she said there's no way. I try just buying the silver half-dollars and she did not want to sell them for any less than $150 for 11 of them so I walked away from that as well. So here are the coins.

image-505125924.jpg

image-1906494387.jpg

And now the humidor I'm not even really sure what to ask for this I have not had time to look it up either but it has five removable shelves in the door swings open. To me it looks like something that would be in the store display maybe.

image-2470487324.jpg

image-185393739.jpg

image-3011936085.jpg

image-838613942.jpg

image-3479354179.jpg

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
I think you are right on the store display,differant boxes of cigars on a pull out shelf. So that you can open the box and get your cigar. I think you probaly did better then you thought with that one.

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the advertising and glass window the humidor looks like a point of sale case. Nice find

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the LC. I barely ever find old coins over here. Do you ask specifically at all sales?

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the LC. I barely ever find old coins over here. Do you ask specifically at all sales?

I only ask if they are older. I have not found anybody in their 30s or younger to have any whatsoever. So it just depends if they have older looking stuff at their yard sale and there's no one else there because I don't want somebody else looking over my shoulder. If they were to have any. This lady laughed and said you're the third person to ask today about coins. She thought it was funny that people want to yard sales and I told her well the reason I ask is because I went to a yard sale I asked the guy if he had coins he said yes I looked at them and then offered him $4500 to buy them all. They usually turn run in the house when They hear that $4500s!! Sometimes all exaggerate a little bit and say $6000. Whatever it works!

A lot of them will say yeah but you're not going to pay me for them. I will take them to a coin shop where they're going to tell me what they're worth.. And I will tell them if they want I will tell them what they are worth before they take them to the coin shop. And to remember I have no overhead, no employees no insurance to pay so I'm able to pay more than any of them because of that. It works like twice a month. So maybe when I get my brochures made up that I'm going to pass out it will be a lot more effective banking on that it will!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread