First Gold finds of the year.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were only 2 sales listed for Friday the 2nd, nothing at the first one, second one was a lady who buys storage lockers than has about 3-4 sales a year, I normally don't go but this time there was nothing else so I rolled by and ended up being the first one there, I found a ziplock sandwich bag with some costume in it, I looked real quick and spotted the star pendant with a 14k hallmark, I threw it back in and asked how much for the bag she said $5.00, so I gave her $10.00 and said thanks! I got home checked it and found some jewelry with Arabic writing on it, I checked it all out and ended up with 3.1 grams of 22k, 17 grams of 18k, 3.4 grams of 14k and.9 grams of 10k. I hope this is a indicator of the upcoming year! Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• P1010062.JPG
    P1010062.JPG
    786.1 KB · Views: 142

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...great score. That eye pendant looks interesting. I don't understand how someone who buys lockers could miss this.

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is fantastic! There is a guy near me that buys storage units too. He runs a garage sale once a month. I've gotten some good stuff from him at decent prices because he doesn't pay much for the units, he has absolutely no emotional attachment, and doesn't know what a lot of the stuff is worth. I'd much rather give him some markup that buy the units myself - I couldn't imagine having to wade through, store and sell that much stuff. Every unit I've ever seen has a couch and mattress in it. :(

OP
OP
Rodbuster209

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...great score. That eye pendant looks interesting. I don't understand how someone who buys lockers could miss this.
listen to this, she seen me looking through the bag of costume and said could you tell me how to identify silver? I said sure, so she went in the house and came back with some flatware and asked if any was real so I looked and it was all
plated, so I told her it will almost always say Sterling or .925 or marked accordingly, while this was going on her husband was putting out a bunch of Hotwheels that were still in the packages and he was saying how he spent hours researching the prices on them! All the while I am thinking why they would not have learned about how
to identify the precious metals! Unbelievable! They have been doing this for a couple years now.Thanks for looking and responding.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread