$2 bag of rings

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a very poorly advertised private estate sale on Friday morning. I got there a little after 8 am and they were just opening. Only 2 other people were there and they were looking over some motorcycle stuff. I had the whole inside of the house to myself and ended up spending $172 on some of the best buys I've had in the last couple years. I bought a bag of rings for $2. Inside were 4 gold rings (2 x 14k, 2 x 10k), 12 silver rings and a bunch of avon/costume rings. Also bought a large box of coins, a silverplate flatware set, portable mastercool, a bag of watches and some ornate iron Eiffel towers (wife likes Paris related things). DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0005.JPG DSC_0006.JPG DSC_0008.JPG

hikerdude

Jan 31, 2013
Palmdale, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go. I guess you have to go to estate sales to find such great deal. I've been to a few, but have never found anything I liked. Was there silver in the money bags?

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
How did you find out about the estate sale? What state?

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome buys! I would love to find a bag of rings like that for $2!!

Bigmike2334

Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could you give us a list of what the beautiful box of coins yielded?? Can't wait to hear that's an awesome score and the rings for 2.00 can't ask for a better day!

OP
OP
J

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sale was listed as a garage sale in los angeles, but they were selling almost the entire contents of the house, which makes it an estate sale in my book. Bad neighborhood probably kept a lot of people away. Haven't went through all the coins yet, but here's what I found so far: 2 morgans, 2 silver ikes, 10 clad ikes, 31 sb and sac dollars, 12 silver halfs, 6 clad halfs, 4 silver quarters, buffalo nickels, war nickels, silver dimes, ih pennies and wheats. lots of coins in the wraps were BU or AU.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great buy to me. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the success.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sale was listed as a garage sale in los angeles,
What city in LA?
If you got there when opening then all the gang-bangers were passed out, asleep or dead.

I stay out of LA and the burbs. Not because of the bangers but because of the traffic.

Great buy.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to something similar this past weekend in Weschester. Ad stated lots of machine tools and other tool stuff. Ifigured i would be a zoo but I ended up hanging out in the light rain with 1 other person until it opened. There might of been 10 people there while I shopped and I made out like a bandit.

I have no idea why there wasn't a mob waiting to storm the garage and raid the boxes. It was a somewhat nice area but the lack of advertising might of made it invisible to most

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE!!! I always look through all the jewelry bags if I can see one thing or enough to cover the price I buy it and hope theres more when I get home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread