Sterling silver thingy

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought this today at the fleamarket. It's marked 800 silver looks to be signed aK. I have no idea what to call it. And seeing that you guys know everything and I mean that in an awesome way because I have no idea what to call this thing I thought I would ask you to see what you thought. My jewelers wife called it a genie lamp! Though it does kind of look like one I don't believe that's what it's called!

image-403831429.jpg

image-1247492147.jpg

image-1980725199.jpg

image-1972311216.jpg

I paid $90 for it. My jeweler was in love with it and thought it was a very nice piece for what I paid. 5.93 oz.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's called a Dallah or an Islamic Coffee pot.

Thanks! Looks like prices are all over the place but not many are silver other than the one that is marked silver on eBay and the lady sold for 50 bucks. Not knowing if it was silver or not. I'll probably start high and see if I get any offers on it. My jeweler thought maybe $700. That seems kind of high but maybe!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you get that from the Moroccan guy at fleamasters?

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get that from the Moroccan guy at fleamasters?
I'm not sure. His stuff is in the middle aisle. He just has five random cases with Jewelry in it. And a booth off to the side as well. But yes definitely at flea masters. In the yellow isle.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
His name is Driss, he goes by Drew, I worked with him for years, guys a riot.... just not a good driver.:laughing7:Good guy.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His name is Driss, he goes by Drew, I worked with him for years, guys a riot.... just not a good driver.:laughing7:Good guy.

Cool. I was at the booth right across from him visiting some friends and I was talking to her son and looked over my shoulder and saw it. And I said if that thing is silver I'm taking it home. His wife goes yup it's silver! How much are you asking for it? And he said $100! But I will take $90 for it. I said I don't know what the heck it is but I got to have it! And since I happen to have $2000 in my pocket I bought it. (this was only because I was supposed to buy some rings from the lady at the flea market) and I did not know how much to bring with me so I just brought what I had. I like it though. I have a good place on my mantle for however I should probably sell it because all my other silver stuff turns black and I don't want to repolish this one it's already been done.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BK,

Pretty good deal....based on Friday's close of $18.29 per ounce there's about $86/87 dollars of melt value alone so should not be hard flipping it for a bit of profit as a collectible.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your help. I love this site. Makes everything so much easier as far as finding out things because everyone has such a different knowledge on different things!

I had a spot on my silver collecting shelf so I put it up there for a little bit. I will probably list it though sand once I get an offer probably just sell it and be done with it. Thanks again hope y'all had a good weekend!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread