Decent Score at an Estate Sale Today

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I'm pretty sure I made a decent score today. Not exactly what I usually buy. In fact, I'd never heard of this stuff & had to look it up on ebay. Paid WAY more than I was really comfortable with & sweated bullets all the way home. Now that I checked out more solds in depth I'm pretty sure I'll come out good. The first 2 pics show the contents of one box. The next one shows the boxes I haven't unpacked yet. The biggest box is only a little over half full because it was too heavy to pick up. Final pick is the makers mark.

002.JPG 001.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I have never heard of that brand but I do know that most German stuff is good quality. This is the kind of stuff my wife would jump all over. I just looked at the eBay sold listings. I don't know what you paid obviously but looking at those prices I expect you will do very well indeed. Nice score!

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I stretched a good bit & paid $345 for the lot. The boxes filled the passenger side of my Ford Ranger & about 2/3rds of the bed. The 3 serving bowls & the 5 rectangular trays on the left side of the first picture should cover what I paid.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, you'll do fine as long as you commit to listing it all. Don't do like I do and list just enough to make your money back and then the rest ends up sitting in the boxes for eternity, lol.

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Got it all unpacked & put on shelves. I've got 190 pieces of pottery plus 15 water glasses. I also got 2 of the 2-tier serving trays that are missing the metal pieces to put them together. Sucks because those sell for $40-50 dollars each. Wonder if I can get the missing parts.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got it all unpacked & put on shelves. I've got 190 pieces of pottery plus 15 water glasses. I also got 2 of the 2-tier serving trays that are missing the metal pieces to put them together. Sucks because those sell for $40-50 dollars each. Wonder if I can get the missing parts.
Yeah you can get them. Just have to figure out which ones are the closest looking to the originals. This appears to be pretty close the originals, although it is for a 3 tiered stand, it can be used for a 2 tiered stand, you'll just have an extra rod and a couple washers. 3 Tiers Cake Cupcake Plate Stand Handle Fitting for Party Wedding Favor Gold | eBay

il_570xN.292258688.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread