Couldnt get what I wanted at the estate sale...

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Couldn't get what I wanted at the estate sale...

I went to a SUPER high end estate sale. They had an original persian set of Dale Chihuli Glass items. They wanted $5500, I offered $4000, and stuck to my guns. They came down to $4500, but no lower... Oh well, it would have made a Great Birthday gift for my father (I owe him a great deal as he and my mother have been a great help in my ongoing divorce (friendly divorce, but still...)). Anyhow, on my way out, I saw these...

th.jpg tha.jpg

Beocom 2 phones. They wanted $30 for the pair, but accepted my offer of $15. I just thought they were really cool... Now, they will not work without a beoline central unit, but a single Beline will control 6 or 8 phones (depending on the model). Just as I was about to pay for them, an employee comes offer and takes them. He says that he already bought them for $30. Darn... About 5 minutes later, he comes over to me and says, "They don't have the Base unit, You can have them for $15" The Beoline sell for $100 on Ebay. These little lovelies have a retail of about $800 each. They sell, used, without the charger stands for $200 to $350 each. I will put them up on Ebay next week or the week after.

yeah me!

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was a small Chihuly piece $5500 might be the new in the gallery price. You would have a choice of which one you liked and probably some paper work that it was real. If it was really really large it might have been a great deal.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. You can call up and place an order if you have enough money. My point being its still made everyday and I think that was a generous offer. I'm sure it will probably still be there if they mark down on the last day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread