My umm, "Strangest" Find Ever.....value?

OP
OP
mjm579

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just can't picture that mjm...for a girl, or a boy!..maybe he meant "spill guard" during transport. LOL!

Oddly enough, I was so captivated by the design, floral decoration, and condition of the piece, that I jumped onto the bidding and stopped listening to him entirely.

;) I'm a strange character...I think my hubby is still a bit grossed out. I honestly don't want to admit to him that is like to keep it. It would make a beautiful trash can.

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oddly enough, I was so captivated by the design, floral decoration, and condition of the piece, that I jumped onto the bidding and stopped listening to him entirely.

;) I'm a strange character...I think my hubby is still a bit grossed out. I honestly don't want to admit to him that is like to keep it. It would make a beautiful trash can.

Yep, a little bleach & hot water...and it could be used for anything. :{)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
how disgusting, to do it in the house and save it till morning!!
mjm.. i will say that is the best pot i have seen………& jeffgordon That's the way it was done we did not have a inside bathroom till i was about 7 in central pa .. we also had our 2 hole out house if you wanted to go out there in the middle of the night….. jeff gordon you must have been a city boy …but you have nothing in your profile to tell what state you are from or your age … That is why i guess you are young and from the city..By your post here

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mjm.. i will say that is the best pot i have seen………& jeffgordon That's the way it was done we did not have a inside bathroom till i was about 7 in central pa .. we also had our 2 hole out house if you wanted to go out there in the middle of the night….. jeff gordon you must have been a city boy …but you have nothing in your profile to tell what state you are from or your age … That is why i guess you are young and from the city..By your post here

not a big city but yes a city. near indy actually. I am late 50's and don't recall having any outhouses. Spoiled I guess

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
not a big city but yes a city. near indy actually. I am late 50's and don't recall having any outhouses. Spoiled I guess
Yes sir you missed all the fun nights…. But i really do not miss those nights when it was winter as a matter of fact i do not miss those nights ……….. BUT we still have a outhouse at the cabin in Canada ..

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
for the record, back in my backpacking days I used the woods many times all over the western US

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The worst was out on the farm in OH when we would gather for Thanksgiving or Christmas. There would be several aunts and several uncles and maybe ten cousins staying overnight. There was a WC (water closet, a free standing closet with a chamber pot inside) for the adults and a chamber pot outside each of the two rooms where the boys and girls slept. We boys slept sideways across the bed so five of us could sleep in one twin bed, same for the girls, since there weren't enough rooms in the old farm house for the amount of people staying over. As you can imagine, the meals were fantastic and huge, with great fresh food and auntie baked pies, and everybody ate until about to burst at the seams. Next morning Uncle would call all the boys together and we'd draw straws to see who had to empty all three pots out in the outhouse. Three pots the morning after a huge Thanksgiving meal!! That was one chore none of us boys wanted, but it had to be and did get done. But it was a way of life and nobody thought anything about it, somebody in every old house had to empty the pot or pots in the morning during cold weather. By the way, there was a hand pump in the kitchen for water in that old farm house as the only indoor water source.

Last edited:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
for the record, back in my backpacking days I used the woods many times all over the western US

I'm a guy, the whole world is my urinal.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The worst was out on the farm in OH when we would gather for Thanksgiving or Christmas. There would be several aunts and several uncles and maybe ten cousins staying overnight. There was a WC (water closet, a free standing closet with a chamber pot inside) for the adults and a chamber pot outside each of the two rooms where the boys and girls slept. We boys slept sideways across the bed so five of us could sleep in one twin bed, same for the girls, since there weren't enough rooms in the old farm house for the amount of people staying over. As you can imagine, the meals were fantastic and huge, with great fresh food and auntie baked pies, and everybody ate until about to burst at the seams. Next morning Uncle would call all the boys together and we'd draw straws to see who had to empty all three pots out in the outhouse. Three pots the morning after a huge Thanksgiving meal!! That was one chore none of us boys wanted, but it had to be and did get done. But it was a way of life and nobody thought anything about it, somebody in every old house had to empty the pot or pots in the morning during cold weather. By the way, there was a hand pump in the kitchen for water in that old farm house as the only indoor water source.

Wow! Awesome and completly disgusting story!..lol

Really thou, I couldn't imagine living like that.

Hell, my wife and I dont even use the same bathroom now

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
outhouse4.jpg

Still have ours and it gets used alot in the summer.

OP
OP
mjm579

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My umm, "Strangest" Find Ever.....value?

Can I just say THANK YOU!?!? My work days have been so crazy and this thread has helped me laugh (lol a few times really). It's worth the $25 I spent on it....even if it doesn't sell. [emoji2]

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes sir you missed all the fun nights…. But i really do not miss those nights when it was winter as a matter of fact i do not miss those nights ……….. BUT we still have a outhouse at the cabin in Canada ..

Was wondering where that "odd whiff" every once and a while was com'n from Keppy...somebody forget to close the door the last time? ;)

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got a chuckle reading through all these post and I have something to add. Last year I was at an auction that had a few pieces of furniture but I wasn't really there for the furniture so I didn't pay close attention to any of it. A white chair or bench looking thing comes up and nobody bids so I finally throw up my hand on this piece that looks quite old from a distance. I didn't inspect it closely until I got home, my dad was there and started to laugh at my puzzled look as I started to find parts that were folding up and down on the chair. I said what the heck is this thing, to which he replied that's a really old toilet, it holds a chamber pot. Ugh!! Nasty, but I haven't seen another around like it! I'll go get a couple pictures of it and post, it's quite frozen in my garage right now.

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got a chuckle reading through all these post and I have something to add. Last year I was at an auction that had a few pieces of furniture but I wasn't really there for the furniture so I didn't pay close attention to any of it. A white chair or bench looking thing comes up and nobody bids so I finally throw up my hand on this piece that looks quite old from a distance. I didn't inspect it closely until I got home, my dad was there and started to laugh at my puzzled look as I started to find parts that were folding up and down on the chair. I said what the heck is this thing, to which he replied that's a really old toilet, it holds a chamber pot. Ugh!! Nasty, but I haven't seen another around like it! I'll go get a couple pictures of it and post, it's quite frozen in my garage right now.

OK here's 2 pictures. The first is what I saw at the auction when I bought it. The 2nd was at closer inspection, you'll notice in the 2nd that the front side folds down so a chamber pot can slide in underneath the hole. I guess the arm rest could have been used to hang a newspaper for well you know..., not just reading. When was toilet paper invented anyway?! toilet 001.jpg toilet 002.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread