Another amazing find by someone that wasnt me :)

TheInspector

Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore.....
Tesoro Sand Shark.......
Garrett AT Gold...............
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT - AKA The Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats pretty awesome.

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
The only way I will be connected to some thing like that, will be that I sell it an they find out it is worth a bundle. That is the way my luck has been for quite a while now,,guess I will buy a lottery ticket tommarow my luck has to change.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at the Salvation Army today and they had in their case some old magazines and comic books. I get home and just for the heck of it look up one of the Spiderman comic books that were in the case and $.12 tag on it from what it originally sold for and it was the same as the first edition one that sold on eBay for average up to $10,000. I flew back to that Store after I got home and realized what that comic book was. And it was still in the case however when I had the manager take it out, there was a sticker on the bottom it said promo re-issue!! Dang I about cried... I thought for sure that was the lucky break!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great!! Motivation! Makes me hit more garage sales, auctions & thrift stores!:icon_thumright:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran across Susan L. and her husband many yrs ago, out in the Everglades.
We all stayed at the cement plant old man White had set up, when they were all building I-75, 25 yrs ago or so.
Her husband and my husband worked together. They were a hoot and a half riot!

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Let's pump the brakes a bit. Just because this sweater had the same stitching and fabric as one that Lombardi once had doesn't make it his. It just means this sweater was made at about the same time. I know, I know... it has Lombardi's name in it so it must be his, right? I mean, nobody would ever fake a thing like that, right? Or maybe it belonged to Vinny's cousin.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Thought the same thing. With a little research, it would be easy to fake once you find the appropriate jacket. Not impugning the people that bought it. Just commenting on how easy it is becoming to fake/forge things with so much info on the internet.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
Who authenticated it and what did they base their decision on?
Heritage Auctions in Dallas confirmed the sweater was in fact owned by Lombardi and put a hefty price tag on it. "They examined the types of fabric that are used on the sweater the different types of stitching," Heritage consignment director Chris Nerat said. "I think that it could easily hit the $20,000 range." From what the article said. Though how they know it was Lombardi's or if someone just wrote his name in it I have no idea.

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Though how they know it was Lombardi's or if someone just wrote his name in it I have no idea.

If they got me 20k for it, I wouldn't care.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions