Sculpture of Spanish Dancer cast from solid silver for (.95 cents)

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I just wish it was bigger"

I was home alone last night and at 8: pm, I thought, I'll head up to the Ark thrift store for the last hour before they close. I found this little piece for .95 cents. The bottom is marked PLATA .915 m/m... I think I'll keep it in my suit case and next time I'm in Las Vagas, I'll stop by the Gold and Silver Pawn and tell them this little piece was once owned by Bernie Taupin, who was best known for his long-term collaboration with Elton John, writing the lyrics for the majority of the star's hit songs. It was very this little piece that was the inspiration to the song "Tiny Dancer". I want 20 Grand for it. As for the provenance :dontknow: - What else could it be? - It's a dancer and it's tiny - I've been in that Pawn Stars place before. What a joke seeing folks from all over lined up with their treasure and getting rejected from a typical Pawn Shop - your stuff ain't worth nothing us - Goon's you don't see on the show. I did see Chum Lee walking around. They do have allot of cool stuff to look at in there and it could be yours if you don't mind over paying, by a lot.

Attachments

• dancer.jpg
    dancer.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have thought the marks meant Plated .915 microns. Now I see it means silver. Thanks for the education.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have thought the marks meant Plated .915 microns. Now I see it means silver. Thanks for the education.
It is an odd alloy. I looked at images searching .915 silver and some silver items come up as being made of .915 silver. It's Spain I believe that made the most items of this percentage of silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread