Native American Ceremonial War Club?

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
I picked this up at an estate sale for $20.00. Its about 24 inches long. Red, white and blue beadwork. Can't determine the wood underneath but looks to be old and pithy. The beads are not all even in size, some thinner, some fatter, stitched with old looking thread. It seems to have the symbols A Z A on it, but the A could be a house. I've looked at various Indian tribal work, but can't get anything close, though perhaps similar to Sioux. Maybe African? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be NA, but could also be a Boy Scout craft object. You will have to get a real expert on beadwork to take a look, and probably not anybody on this board. Nice find, Cheers!!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a good fit, but the patterns don't look the same. I know the Ojibwa (aka) Chippewa have and still do I think some beautiful beadwork. I remember getting a beaded belt in Minnesota as a kid at a souvenir shop a long time ago. I was born in Minneapolis and we always vacationed Bemidji and I wanted all things Indian back then. That was a prized possession of mine, but It's long gone now. This item could still be an import piece from someplace.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread