WW2 propeller at a garage sale

albertapicker

Feb 11, 2015
Grande Prairie
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a Hoover by singer composite propeller at a garage sale for under 200$
Ive been told its most likely off of an avro anson
Id be curious if there were any other craft that used this type of prop ... any plane buffs out there?

prop1.jpg

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a Hoover Hydraulic Hub Propeller

Fleet 60k Fort trainer used it as well. Using the same Jacobs L-6MB engine(s) as the Anson. Likely anything else using that engine might emplot that prop.

fleet60kfort_rcaf_3540_04_canadianwarplanemuseum2013.jpg

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's another: Howard DGA-15 USA (Liaison & Pilot Ferry Aircraft)

255049.jpg

OP
OP
A

albertapicker

Feb 11, 2015
Grande Prairie
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Charlie,
I've been told it was likely not the Fleet 60K because on hub style and the fact that there were so few of them...
but serial numbers don't match the ansons' either. thought it might have been modified / retrofitted to something else

thanks again!

@Tallone, thanks for the welcome. If I don't resell it, it will definitely be hanging above the door to my man cave. needs some crazy brackets though as it weighs close to 120Lbs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread