OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey sorry I took so long to get back to everybody. Been a crazy weekend and we have two extra kids who have been sick nonstop. So I have had very little time with our yard sale and everything else getting everything done. ( we have a baby here who is almost two and she gets up every morning at 5:30 AM. I'm used to getting up at 8:30 AM ) lol.

But I was thinking about starting first weekend of the march . And also thinking if you don't want to do $25 It really doesn't matter what amount you choose. It's totally up to you. I started with a bracelet just so I can see how the donation part works and I guess it was a bad choice because it's only like $2 dollars. Oops!

So I will be getting some up the first weekend of the month. And see how they go. And report back here as well. Thank you all and have a good day!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, didn't know if anyone is still interested but I'm going to start one item tonight. Even though it's damaged and broken and missing stones I think it would still do pretty well. Going to starter at $.99 with three dollar shipping I think. But it's an old antique Coro brooch. Sterling silver as well.

image-2233896260.jpg

image-2241112566.jpg

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ended up picking world vision for this listing. We sponsor a child through there so I went with That one.

Already had one offer for buy it now. But I'm not going that route.

Last edited:

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will occasionally refurbish a tool in pink and donate the proceeds to any number of random charities related to breast cancer. I haven't done one in some time so maybe I'll have to crank out another and get it listed

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I acquired a group of these signs, and I sell one off once or twice a month. This will be my item for donation. Its a Red Diamond Lumber sign.

All the proceeds will go to Bringing Sammie Smiles. She has a very rare neuro degenerative disorder called Batten disease. You can read her story here. Bringing Sammie Smiles - Bringing Sammie Smiles: fighting Batten's Disease

I will let you know what it sells for when its finished, or you can find the item and watch it as well. Thanks Beachkid for suggesting this, I will be following your item as well!

IMG_1212.JPG

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have already listed (and sold) my items I was going to donate. I am going to donate the whole $50 to our local animal shelter which is run by donations only. I purchased the items for a few bucks awhile back. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425488462.082083.jpg

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a cool sign! It has a few bids already too!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome everyone! Mine started last night.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=371273632834

12 watchers three bids . Too bad it's not complete they go for a lot of money...

Kind of bummed a little bit today though the place I volunteer at his Kinda being run by somebody I'm not agreeing with so I think I'm going to walk away. I really enjoy doing it but I don't think I can keep going back to something that is not being handled properly. And I'm not gonna say any names because it's a business but when everybody else has certain privileges through management and others don't for no reason and then I think I'm done. I'm a volunteer and I don't ask for very much. But everything I do I'm being questioned, asked about and everything is being redone after I do it. And then being talked to like I'm not important and that my work there doesn't matter. Because her employees can do what I do which is complete crap... so oh well. Ill miss going but I'm not going to go there to be treated like some jerk on the street. I thought my work was appreciated but manager made it perfectly clear that she doesn't care either way... so I'm out, but sad too.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That stinks! Sorry to hear that. I bet you could find another place to volunteer if you really enjoy doing it.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That stinks! Sorry to hear that. I bet you could find another place to volunteer if you really enjoy doing it.

Funny thing is I just called to tell them at the last item I was working on I didn't finish and I didn't want to be left out in the open because I just walked out. And she said okay honey look forward to seeing you next time!! Really?

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My sign sold for $77 last night and was paid for immediately. Will send the donation out today. Let's keep this thread going!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My sign sold for $77 last night and was paid for immediately. Will send the donation out today. Let's keep this thread going!

Awesome! Sounds good! Mine ends in 3 days. In the bid is up to $33. I believe there's 25 watchers.! I will check back with more information as soon as I have it! Good job!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine ends tonight. I'm about shocked the bids at $202! I'm surprised it's that much in there still 4.5 to go.

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was just checking in with your pin, I was pretty shocked too, Until I saw a completed listing for a mint pin like yours that sold for about $350 last year. Pretty amazing find and now its going to a great cause.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just checking in with your pin, I was pretty shocked too, Until I saw a completed listing for a mint pin like yours that sold for about $350 last year. Pretty amazing find and now its going to a great cause.

Maybe they don't realize it's broken. The bids at $293! I don't know maybe it's just taxtime and somebody needs a donation for the end of the year or somebody really wants a broken pin! But yeah it's going somewhere good I might actually call the foundation and see if they can put it towards getting the child we sponsored a cow or chickens or something for her family. They are in a 3rd world country.

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice ending beachkid! let us know if they can direct those funds to that child you sponsored, that would be very cool.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ending beachkid! let us know if they can direct those funds to that child you sponsored, that would be very cool.

Never would I have guessed it would be that much! Crazy! Not bad for $5! The buyer is from another country but they have a feedback of over 2500 so I'm sure they'll pay. Kind of interesting I have another one on auction that's not Sterling that I bought a week afterwards and the bid is at a dollar.. But I'm glad it's going to a good cause!

MadPoetLaw

Feb 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys,
Just found this thread the other day and i thought what a great idea - I want to do it too ! So I figured I'd donate $10.00 and see what i could find at the local thrift stores. So after 5 trips over the last week to every store near me I have yet to find something I am familiar with that was decent enough so i thought I'd do it another way. I'll donate one of those items that i know i have had stuck in storage for God-only-knows-how-long that i know is worth something. So here it is. I started it at $10 in hopes that will generate some interest. My chosen charity is Disabled American Veterans - - THANK YOU VETERANS !!!
Vintage 1971 1977 Full Size Chevrolet GM Delco Am Radio 7314201 Push Button | eBay

FYI - I'll share a tip for all you garage/estate sale hunters vintage (pre 1980's) STOCK (GM delco, ford etc. not aftermarket brands) car radios (working or not) are always a great deal. You can get $10-40 for average make/model radios and big money for rarer stock radios(CORVETTE, MUSTANG ETC).Stock FM or better yet 8 tracks are worth more because those were package upgrades and are much more rare. I find them often times for a couple of dollars at sales. Anyone who is into restoring old cars will always want an original radio and they are almost always replaced/missing when you get a project car. And an original radio will raise the value of a classic car as well - sometimes by huge amounts for the really desirable ones like a Corvette. There are even professional radio "restorers" who buy/sell them.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread