I told the wife I wasnt going to Goodwill...

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I told the wife I wasn't going to Goodwill...

But since it was only 7 miles away and I was going a block away to drop off an eBay sold item...I went anyway. Found a pair of nice candlesticks for $2.99 each and an additional 20% discount. I was wearing my contacts and can't see closeup anymore but figured trusting my "eye" and what I have learned on t-net...I took a chance. Now to figure out how to ferris of the "rust" spots.

Virginia Metalcrafters Colonial Williamsburg Candlesticks Swirl Bottoms
I had never heard of them...
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
D

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the link! I was googling their history and came up with nothing!

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm laughing a little at the moment bc I've always joked that the primary reason I hunt for jewelry is bc I can hide my finds in my purse - aka my hubs will never know. Sounds to me like you need a man-bag. Nice find though.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you lied to your wife. :sadsmiley: What else have you done she doesn't know about ???

OP
OP
D

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Tamarack! I wasn't going to Goodwill when I spoke to her. But then the inspiration struck me an hour later! I couldn't fight it off! But I showed her the candlesticks once I got home. We call Goodwill my girlfriend. As in..."I'm going to go see my girlfriend...but I'll try to give her less money this time!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread