This may not seem like a big deal...

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...but here in the midst of miserable snowbound winter, with no Goodwill or anything like that, church thrifts closed this month, and no yard sales till spring, I've been in the doldrums.

My latest obssession is Brown Drip Glaze stoneware. You know, that stuff everyone's mom used to have? I NEEDED some. To tide me over until spring, I bought some Pfaltzgraff coffee cups on fleabay. Reasonable price, good condition.

Today, I couldn't find my sunglasses...poked around the garage on the off chance they were hiding there. Found a LIKE NEW BROWN DRIP GLAZE MUG! From McCoy! 'Hiding' in plain sight!

So now I have 'the real McCoy,' lol.

Hey, it came from a garage! And free is better than cheap.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, sounds like your going stir crazy! Don't worry, spring is coming and you will find another obsession, lol!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
try coin rolling -- you know searching rolls of dimes and quarters for 1964 and earlier silver coins? -- or cents for Wheaties or nickel for 1942 - 45 war silver nickles (35%) or buffs

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I second coin roll hunting, literally 0 cash investment til you find stuff worth keeping and, for me anyway, it scratches that itch for looking for overlooked treasure. It's fun even just doing pennies & nickels and then you have very little $ tied up in coins.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I did the whole coin roll hunting thing for a year or so. Biggest waste of time EVER!

When I decided to use that CRH free time for metal detecting and "picking" I realized it was way more lucrative and way more fulfilling. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
Butter Hat

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, sounds like your going stir crazy! Don't worry, spring is coming and you will find another obsession, lol!

Yup, cabin fever, big time!

The only 'coin rolling' we ever did was rolling our own pennies, dimes, etc. then checking for good stuff.

Found a 1940s penny. Once.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did the CRH thing as well for a year. Not a waste of time if you are bored, but it takes far more time to make $ than eBay, so I slowed down a lot on it when I started to thrift/re-sell. Picking up coins is not too bad, dropping them off gets to be a pain... Ihaven't gotten a box in months but I still have some to deposit

I only sold a few hundred $ worth, but I'd say I found $1000+ worth of coins for maybe $10-20. Plus 6 or so free silvers in the coin return slots as I would drop off at the coin counter. best find was appraised at $400 or so. Plenty of $10-$50 coins as well. Best values are error coins. SIlver is nice, but errors can be $$

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Try telling us what state you are in you got some reason or thing why you do not put up as were you are located. Is there a reason some do not put up what state they are in .. ???

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Try telling us what state you are in you got some reason or thing why you do not put up as were you are located. Is there a reason some do not put up what state they are in .. ???

Keppy, what does this have to do with anything?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
"Let no one know what when and WHERE" I guess some people like being anonymous
But i do have up i am from OHIO.. What i find is my business . Most and i am one like to know what part of the world country state you are talking to us from ..

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But i do have up i am from OHIO.. What i find is my business . Most and i am one like to know what part of the world country state you are talking to us from ..
Not required to post state we are from, please don't make a big deal of it....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions