First time winter picking, but great results!

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

Had the good fortune of getting to go pick through my local honey hole for the first time this year! Even in an unheated warhouse I was happy, and pulled down a pretty great haul of stuff for $60!

Highlights include:

Two vintage tool boxes, one loaded with pliers, hammers, wrenches, mostly stuff I'll keep actually.

A couple great soda crates and an excellent metal milk crate.

Two huge vintage stitched american flags, I'll probably ask $150 each on etsy.

Another american flag that I was hoping would be a 48 star, turned out to be a 50, oh well.

70 or so 50's-60's railroad timetables

some old railroad matchbooks, deadstock NIB - Frisco, Union pacific

A disston saw

An awesome old industrial looking lamp, it works great and I'll be keeping it.

An old brown tag North Face jacket in excellent condition, I'll probably get $125 or so for it on etsy.

Vera bradley Bag

Polo ralph lauren boots, but discovered too late a zipper was broken, so I'll probably just .99 auction them.

A scotts Emulsion bottle, my grandparents last name was Scott and my grandmother used to dig bottles and her favorites were scotts emultion. I'm happy to finally own one!

An Excellent condition but sadly empty NES box, the box alone should still bring $20-$40

And last but not least, Two beautiful silk scarves, one Chanel and one Cartier. The chanel looks like it'll bring upwards of $150, the Cartier $50-$100 maybe? Needless to say I was pretty excited.

The "one that got away" so to speak was a three piece set of Vintage Louis Vuitton duffel bags with the classic all over print (they had the name tags of a plastic surgeon, so almost definitely real). he wanted $200 for the 3, I didn't have it on me so I passed, later I saw that the ones he had go for $500 per on ebay so I texted him asking him to hold them, but he had sold them moments before. Can't win em all, but I'm still happy!

20150226_Mbowman_2272.JPG

20150226_Mbowman_2271.JPG

20150226_Mbowman_2270.JPG

20150226_Mbowman_2275.JPG

20150226_Mbowman_2274.JPG

20150226_Mbowman_2273.JPG

OP
OP
B

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great deal for $60. :occasion14: I found a 48 star flag not too long ago.

I've only found one, at a goodwill bulk place no less. It now hangs above my bed! and thanks, I thought so, I'll still make money even though I'm keeping probably a third of the stuff!

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice NES box! I also like all the timetables, I have done well on those in the past. You got a great deal for all those! I'm getting pretty anxious to start buying, so it's nice to see others getting out. Up here it's -10, can't wait for spring auction season

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Love the NES box ... does it have the styrofoam in it? And jealous of the Railroad stuff ... my son is a huge train fan and I pick up train swag whenever I see it for a decent price. Nice pickups!

OP
OP
B

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the NES box ... does it have the styrofoam in it? And jealous of the Railroad stuff ... my son is a huge train fan and I pick up train swag whenever I see it for a decent price. Nice pickups!

Sadly no, but the graphic is excellent so I think it should still sell fairly well. My heard jumped when i saw it in a heap of stuff, but Thanks to this forum I knew that the box would have value too! I always pick up train stuff too, It will be hard to decide if I want to keep the timetables or not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions