Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Paint Sign, a '68 Plymouth Fury Rental Car and Fenton Ornaments

Couple finds from last couple weeks sales. The sign is up to $84 with a couple days left. Sold the car already for $68.77. I paid $20 for the sign and less than a dollar for the car, it was in a bundle of items that I purchased for a ridiculously low price. That bundle also included a case of 24 Fenton ornaments from 1989 (6 sets of 4 ornaments) originally priced at $10 each. A set of 4 sold for more than the single ones did ($89.88 w/free ship). I've sold 8 already and it's right after Christmas! I don't make the prices, I just pay what they ask. Sometimes I feel guilty.

DSC00205.jpg
DSC00082.jpg
DSC00089.jpg

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couple finds from last couple weeks sales. The sign is up to $84 with a couple days left. Sold the car already for $68.77. I paid $20 for the sign and less than a dollar for the car, it was in a bundle of items that I purchased for a ridiculously low price. That bundle also included a case of 24 Fenton ornaments from 1989 (6 sets of 4 ornaments) originally priced at $10 each. A set of 4 sold for more than the single ones did ($89.88 w/free ship). I've sold 8 already and it's right after Christmas! I don't make the prices, I just pay what they ask. Sometimes I feel guilty.

View attachment 1125325
View attachment 1125323
View attachment 1125327

Check out Manifest Auctions site. He's got some REALLY cool advertising pieces up. If you find any awesome items like this you might want to reach out to him for an appraisal before eBay.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How big is the sign and how are you going to ship that? Just take between two pieces of cardboard? Taped on the sides?

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out Manifest Auctions site. He's got some REALLY cool advertising pieces up. If you find any awesome items like this you might want to reach out to him for an appraisal before eBay.
It's a pretty common sign, there are several listed as well as several completed listings of this same sign, so not too valuable.

How big is the sign and how are you going to ship that? Just take between two pieces of cardboard? Taped on the sides?
It's only 12"x28" so not too big. I have several sheets of thick cardboard like 5 ft by 5 ft, that I've been saving for something like this. So yes, I'll sandwich it between the cardboard. I also have the matching sheets of styrofoam that I'll probably use too.

Sign is awesome. Let us know how much it sells for.
Will do, I don't see it going much higher though, there are better ones available.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread