Yesterdays Picks

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Yesterday's Picks

Nothing super valuable but some pretty good stuff anyway.

DSC05879.JPG

DSC05886.JPG
There were a bunch of shoe trees priced at $1 each but I only bought this one because it was clearly the best made and has the maker's mark ((Miller) burned into the side. Not sure what they are worth but I'd be surprised if it's more the $20.

DSC05880.JPG
Vernco chef's knives. A few years ago I picked up a set of 8 (with case but one broken) for $10. I have used them ever since and love them. Literally razor sharp. The larger ones should sell for at least $20 each. The long thin one maybe $10. Paid $10 for 5 knives. The fifth one (not shown) completes the set of 8 because it is the same as the broken one I bought before so my set is now complete.

DSC05881.JPG
An art deco shade for a ceiling light. Purchased at an estate sale. The owner said this was original to the house which was built in the 1940s. I paid $5 for it. I found a very similar one on ebay that sold for $50. This would be a nice piece for someone restoring a house of the era.

DSC05882.JPG
An etched glass perfume bottle made in Egypt. Paid $0.75 for it because it is pretty and my wife loves it. Only worth about $10 tops which is a little disappointing but my wife is going to keep it anyway.

DSC05883.JPG
A wind-up toy train engine made in Great Britain. Paid a dollar for it but probably isn't worth more than $10 - disappointing.

DSC05884.JPG
Pyrene fire extinguisher. Paid $20 for it. There are several of these sold on ebay. Some have been polished, some not. I've seen prices as high as $120 but most seem to sell for around $60. I can't decide if it is worth the effort to polish it. I'm thinking not but I can be swayed if someone has a good argument to polish it.

DSC05885.JPG
Large micrometer. Paid $10 it. I have seen one of this size from this company sell for about $50. Mine has a chunk of the black finish missing. Unfortunately, I didn't see that when I bought it or I might have passed on it. Still should be worth around $40 I think.

Last edited:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds! I love the old fire extinguisher and of course the micrometer.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Nice finds! I picked up a Pyrene fire extinguisher for $30 this summer and have it hanging near my computer (for looks). I think they are neat and wouldn't polish them - takes away from its value.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread